Full Screen project window shortcut? Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
BruceM

Full Screen project window shortcut?

Post by BruceM »

I'm trying to program my CIntiq so that I can toggle between the regular project window and the full screen project window, but not finding the right keyboard shortcut for that. Can someone tell me where I can find that shortcut in the Keyboard Shortcut's Configuration menu?

Thanks!

-Bruce
slowtiger

Re: Full Screen project window shortcut?

Post by slowtiger »

Try shift-V?
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

I guess you want to toggle all the windows off and on. There are two ways to achieve this, but one of them requires the pro version and the other only works sometimes like it should :

1. REQUIRES PRO VERSION
First you need to export your shortcuts. Then you create a second room and close all windows you want to be closed in there. There you need to import your previously exported shortcuts, since the second room is using his own shortcuts.
Then you need to assign a shortcut in the first room to go to the second room and in the second room you can assign the same shortcut to switch to the first room.

2. ANNOYING VERSION
You can assign more then one actions to one keypress. First assign "toggle timeline" to lets say F, then choose F on the left side and "toggle main menu" on the right, but press CTRL while clicking on ASSIGN, so it gets added instead of replacing the first shortcut. This way you need to assign every toggle you want to the key you want.
The annoying part is if all you're windows are closed, but you opened your timeline and then press your key everything will be opened, but your timeline will be closed and everything is out of sync.
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

to toggle all panels at once (except timeline Panel) assign a key to Interface:Toggle windows display.

I think this works with both standard and pro versions (I only have the pro version installed so can't test the standard version).

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

good point!
If you combine this with Interface: Toggle Layer Panel it should work
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
BruceM

Post by BruceM »

Thanks Slowtiger, Schwarzgrau, and Svengali. My apologies for not responding sooner, but I forgot to check the notification box and didn't know you had responded to my inquiry.
-Bruce
BruceM

Post by BruceM »

Well, I'm back to trying to figure this one out. I'm trying to program a shortcut key to toggle between a regular size project window, and a more full-screen, or at least larger project window. I've tried SHIFT V, which isn't doing anything. I'd seen an Aaron Blaise video where he said that hitting the number zero would do it, but that also isn't doing anything other than making the timeline disappear and reappear.
When I program in "Toggle windows display", it makes the window pop to full screen, but as soon as I put the stylus to the surface, it pops back to it's normal size. I can't actually draw on the larger screen.

Is there a way to do this?
o0Ampy0o

Post by o0Ampy0o »

Dates threw me off for a moment given this thread was started almost 1 year ago so my post may be extra irrelevant.

Things must be different with the Cintiq but as Slowtiger suggested Shift-V toggles to the full screen like you want when there isn't a Cintiq in the mix. Not being able to experiment I would expect whichever display the drawing screen was located would toggle to full screen. FWIW I am running Pro 11 on OS X with dual displays and only the screen with the drawing screen toggles to full screen.

Regarding the 0 key Aaron Blaise refers to, you have to hit the minimize / maximize button to get to the spread he uses. If it is in the wrong mode it does not do what is desired. But the largest spread using the 0 key is smaller than the full screen mode.

Good luck
slowtiger wrote: 30 May 2016, 07:40Try shift-V?
Main System: Mac Mini running OS X: Big Sur | M1 | 16GB RAM | have not installed TVPaint on new M1 need to update to current as of 9/2022 ...pending non-dongle license 1/2023 | iPad Pro, Apple Pencil and Astropad | Wacom Intros Pro
BruceM

Post by BruceM »

Thanks o0Ampy0o for the reply, but I've tried that. When I change the minimize/maximize button to either setting and then hit the 0 zero key, all that it does is lose the timeline. The project window doesn't change size at all.

This is a bit confounding.
o0Ampy0o

Post by o0Ampy0o »

Are you on a Mac? I do not know how things are in Windows but does anything like switching between mirror and non-mirror of the display settings make any difference?

This should be a matter of using the right setting so you can utilize the Shift-V already programed rather than using customization. Should at least.

BTW, you may need to consider the terminology in TVPaint. If I am understanding you correctly, "Full Screen" is different than what you are describing. In TVPaint "Full Screen" (Shift-F11) is the interface maxed to the borders with tools displayed. I don't think the current versions can do this mode with anything more than one display. "Full Page" (Shift-V) is the drawing area maxed out with tools hidden.
Main System: Mac Mini running OS X: Big Sur | M1 | 16GB RAM | have not installed TVPaint on new M1 need to update to current as of 9/2022 ...pending non-dongle license 1/2023 | iPad Pro, Apple Pencil and Astropad | Wacom Intros Pro
BruceM

Post by BruceM »

Thanks again oOAmpyOo! I think you've steered me onto something that'll do what I want with the project window. When I click on the minimize/maximize button so that its icon is just a horizontal line, and then go up to View and click on Fit, it boosts the project window size considerably. Now I just need to program in the shortcut for that.
BruceM

Post by BruceM »

... I spoke (wrote) too soon. It appears that there is no key command listed next to "Fit" under the View tab. Does that mean that it cannot be programmed as a key command?
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Can't be, since I have Keys for "Fit" and "1:1" for years. Let me have my coffee first, I'll investigate.
BruceM

Post by BruceM »

Thanks Slowtiger!
... and coffee sounds like a great idea..
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Interface: Full Screen - this was default V and toggles between full view and view with play buttons.
Zoom: 100%
Zoom: Fit - I use these two all the time.