Mac OS Sierra

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Elodie

Mac OS Sierra

Post by Elodie »

Hi everyone !

We are currently proceeding with internal tests to make sure that TVPaint Animation 11 Professional Edition is working fine with Sierra, latest Mac OS upgrade.
At the moment, I can say the following :

Good :
• no problem with Wacom drivers, with Cintiq 27 HD. I've tested the former version 6.3.15-3 and the last update 6.3.17-5 : both works fine, but I think the last update actually works better. With the old version, I noticed it loses the stylus signal and have "straight lines" at the very beginning, but the issue tends to disappear after a minute of use.
The last update showed no problem at all, so I recommend you to upgrade Wacom Drivers (don't forget to delete the old driver before !)
• no crash when quitting TVPaint in full screen mode
• no trouble with licensing for stand alone and network licences.

Bad :
• (On MacBook Pro at least...) Sierra does not recognize second monitor's definition : even if you have a WQHD screen (2 560 x 1 440), it will recognize it at a FullHD screen (1920 x 1080). That's really annoying, but I notice other people already notify Apple. Don't hesitate to click on the ox "I have this question too".
https://discussions.apple.com/message/30683234#30683234" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://discussions.apple.com/message/30683099#30683099" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regarding network licenses, we are going to proceed with tests tomorrow. :)
Thierry
Site Admin

Re: Mac OS Sierra

Post by Thierry »

First post updated.

We've run tests with network licenses, and no issues were found ! :-)
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
daninski

Post by daninski »

I've updated my work mac now. I haven't run into any issues yet. Not saying there aren't any, so don't beat me if you do experience issues.
I've done a storyboard and boardomatic for a 60 second spot so far in Sierra.
http://www.daninski.com
Award winning director with an iMac from about 2013 and a cintiq from about 2009, there's some RAM too.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

daninski wrote:so don't beat me if you do experience issues.
The only ones who would deserve to be beaten then are the Apple staff... :roll:
daninski

Post by daninski »

Still solid, no issues have appeared as of yet.
Award winning director with an iMac from about 2013 and a cintiq from about 2009, there's some RAM too.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

There is a new update available for Sierra : so far, I did not have any trouble. I notice they even fix the issue with second monitors with 2K+ definition.
daninski

Post by daninski »

Didn't even notice it, everything is running fine here.
daninski

Post by daninski »

Ok, I've found something. If I'm drawing and I get a notifications from another app, my crosshair turns into a cursor. V.annoying if I'm doing something delicate...
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

Bug confirmed, we managed to reproduce it.

*Added to the to-do list*
JeremyN
Site Admin

Post by JeremyN »

After some tests, it appears that this bug happens on other software like TextEdit or Sketch, it is not specific to TVPaint. We will look if we can do something.
Mac Developer
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

How are webcams behaving with TVPaint running on Sierra ? (I don't have Sierra , can't test it) .

I had a report from a student , who writes:
"I have been using the TVPaint Animation 11 (Standard Editon) software for my stop-motion class.

This week I purchased a new webcam (Logitech c930) in order to shoot better quality videos, however the software does not work properly . I can open the TVPaint software with no problem, but once I click on the Windows>Animation>Video-In , I get no preview for the camera I'm using even though it's properly connected and recognized by the computer.

Also, if I click on the Settings button in the Video Input panel, nothing happens. It loads, but the screen does not pop-up the way it used to. I thought it might be an issue with the new camera, so I tried the old webcam, but the problem persists. I also tried uninstalling , and re-installing TVPaint, but to no avail.

Software: TVPaint Animation 11 Standard Edition (it is up to date with the updates as well) .

Computer specs:
MacOS Sierra 10.12
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
Processor: 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB "
I do not know if this problem has happened because the student recently updated to Sierra from El Capitan (I have emailed the student to ask , but haven't received a reply yet) , but the webcam and TVPaint was working for the student before last week , but now it is not working , so I suspect a problem with Sierra. Can anyone confirm ?

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

Hi David,

We don't have the c930 here (I've run my tests with a c615), but I've run some tests with our Macs that run Sierra, and while there's no issue with the Professional Edition, I noticed that something's wrong with the Standard Edition : the preview isn't displaying properly.
the webcam and TVPaint was working for the student before last week , but now it is not working , so I suspect a problem with Sierra.
There's a good chance that it's the case, yes.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Thierry wrote:Hi David,

We don't have the c930 here (I've run my tests with a c615), but I've run some tests with our Macs that run Sierra, and while there's no issue with the Professional Edition, I noticed that something's wrong with the Standard Edition : the preview isn't displaying properly.
Ok, thanks for that confirmation. That gives a clue that it may be Sierra issue , because this student was previously using TVPaint with a Logitech C615 and it was working fine. I suspect she updated from El Capitan to Sierra recently (still waiting to receive that confirmation from her) and that is what has caused the problem, because she said that now neither her older Logitech C615 or her new Logitech C930 will work . (as far as I know the only difference between these two cameras is the lens quality is better on the C930 ).
I noticed that something's wrong with the Standard Edition : the preview isn't displaying properly.
That brings up a question: you say the preview (in Video Input panel) is not displaying properly , but are you able to capture images with the webcam in the TVPaint project if you it the Grab Input button ? (even if the image is not previewed ?) She would still be able to complete her assignments for the rest of the semester if she can still grab the input even without the small preview window.
the webcam and TVPaint was working for the student before last week , but now it is not working , so I suspect a problem with Sierra.
There's a good chance that it's the case, yes.[/quote]

But then there was the other recent case of a student who was on Mac OS 10.9 (Mavericks) , running TVPaint Standard, using a Logitech webcam to capture stop-motion images , and it was working fine for a while and then just stopped working . (he posted on the forum about his issue, here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10304" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) .

His issue was not exactly the same as the other student's issue , but similar . The similarity is that everything WAS working fine at one point, then it suddenly was not working , but seemingly nothing had changed. What fixed it for him was to run the Logitech webcam through a webcam control program called .

Thierry , would you please download the free trial version of iGlasses and see if that makes it so that your Logitech C615 will work properly with TVPaint Standard video input ? That would enormously helpful to me in narrowing down the reasons for this odd behavior. As more students update to Sierra I expect to get more of these reports.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

I've sent you a PM David :)

//Edit : Oh, I didn't see you edited your message.
I'll check with iGlasses and report back.
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

D.T. Nethery wrote:Thierry , would you please download the free trial version of iGlasses and see if that makes it so that your Logitech C615 will work properly with TVPaint Standard video input ? That would enormously helpful to me in narrowing down the reasons for this odd behavior. As more students update to Sierra I expect to get more of these reports.
After using iGlasses, I was able to see the C615 camera preview perfectly, and I confirm that it works with TVPaint Animation Standard Edition.