Input settings problems Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
rhyster2

Input settings problems

Post by rhyster2 »

In TVPaint on the video input window I click the settings button, then a window opens and there is a box where I can select various compression settings. I can no longer change the compression settings. I used to be able to. Then when I opened the program today and tried to change it like I do every time, it wont work. I click the compression dropdown button and nothing happens, it's stuck. I've restarted my computer, I've unplugged the webcam, I made sure it's up to date. All my images will be a split screen unless I can fix this and I don't know what to do. I am using a Mac.
Elodie

Re: Input settings problems

Post by Elodie »

Hello
When you have an issue with TVPaint Animation, please, don't forget to precise important details :

• What is your OS and its version :

- Mac OSX 10.7 (Lion), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite)...
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, etc...
- Linux Ubuntu 10.04+, Debian 6+, RedHat Entreprise Linux 5+, Fedora 15+

• What is your OS architecture (32 or 64 bit) + CPU type and amount of RAM.

• What is your software version (for example : Mirage 1.5, TVPaint 9.5.21, TVPaint 10.0.11, etc...)

• What is your software edition (Standard or Professional)

• For the Professional Edition : What is the architecture (32 or 64 bit) ?

• What is your Wacom (or other brand) Tablet and drivers version ?

By the way, don't forget to repeat the details above EACH time you have an issue. We cannot remind the configuration of all our users :wink:
(to save time, you can write the information above in your sign)

Moreover, don't forget that the more you will give us concrete examples with images or downloadable files, the faster we could answer you.
rhyster2

Post by rhyster2 »

MAC OSX 10.9.5 32 Bit 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3. I have the standard version of TVPaint 11 with the latest update. I dont use a tablet, I am making stop motion with a logitech webcam. the image being captured is being shown in the "video in" window as a split screen and it captures that split screen. I used to be able to fix it by changing the compression settings, but now when I click the compression type nothing opens.
Attachments
this is where I change compression type, but I click the arrows next to where it says Y'CbCr 4:2:2-yuyv and the dropdown doesnt open.
this is where I change compression type, but I click the arrows next to where it says Y'CbCr 4:2:2-yuyv and the dropdown doesnt open.
this is the image being captured with split screen
this is the image being captured with split screen
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Sadly, the video settings and compressions are not managed by TVPaint but by MacOS. We have no power on this.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Hi, Elodie -

Rhyster2 is a student at the school I teach at. I've been in touch with him regarding this problem.

This weird problem (split screen) that his screen shot shows is something that seems to be isolated to Logitech webcams and it only happens on Macs . The fix that was discovered is to go into the TVPaint Video Input settings and under the Compression tab change the compression to Apple Intermediate or change the compression to DV/DVCPRO - NTSC . For some reason this fixes the split screen problem. I have no idea why it fixes it , but it does. I have emailed Logitech tech support about the issue (since it only seems to happen with Logitech webcams) , but received no response .

Rhyster's problem is that suddenly he can no longer access the different compression options under the Compression tab in TVPaint's Video Input Settings. The drop-down menu with the different compression options does not open . It was working normally before , but now it doesn't .

We could not figure out why this happened or how to fix it , but something which did fix his problem was to run the Logitech webcam through a webcam control app called iGlasses . Select the Logitech webcam in iGlasses (which allows you to manually adjust focus, exposure , and white balance on the webcam) , then open TVPaint and in the Video Input go to Settings , then go to the Source tab and select iGlasses as the source video device . This fixes the split screen problem .

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Ok, thanks David for enlightening us.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

So, the use of the iGlasses software solved the issue of the split screen from the webcam, which sort of makes this a non-issue for him as far as being able to do his assignment, because the split screen issue goes away when running the webcam through iGlasses ... but the mystery remains: why can he no longer access the Compression options drop-down menu under the Compression tab in TVPaint's Video Input ? Nothing changed on his end. He didn't update his OS , no new version of Quicktime, etc. It just stopped working . One day he could access the drop-down menu under the Compression tab , then the next day he could not .

Screen shot shows the normal appearance of the drop-down menu , with selection of different compression options. Now when he clicks on the Compression Type , he does not get this menu , so he can't change the compression settings.
Video Input Settings Compression Tab Drop-Down Menu.jpg

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1