Fade in affect? Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
cyrus rebello

Fade in affect?

Post by cyrus rebello »

If there's a fade in and out affect, is it in the FX stack? and on what extent is it customize able?
D.T. Nethery

Re: Fade in affect?

Post by D.T. Nethery »

cyrus rebello wrote:If there's a fade in and out affect, is it in the FX stack? and on what extent is it customize able?
Yes. FX Stack > Transition > Fade . It can be any length that you want and you can keyframe the percentage of fade (transparency) over the length of the fade , so yes, it can be customized.

https://www.tvpaint.com/doc/tvp11/index ... ition-fade

But here's the quick and easy way to make a fade:

On a new layer add two frames . Flood Fill the first frame with Black . Second frame is blank. Now drag and stretch second frame to
the desired length of the fade (let's say 24 frames) . This will make the Increase Layer Length panel pop up. Select Stretch >Interpolate.
The result is a fade-in (to do a fade out , reverse it) .

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Here's my universal FadeIn-FadeOut.bin file. To use it, simply load it in FX Stack / Multiple FX and check either of the two effects: FadeIn8 or FadeOut8. The default size is 8 frames, but either can be positioned and stretched to any frame count. The Speed Profile curve can be adjusted to weight the rate of fade.

Sven
Attachments
FadeIn-FadeOut.zip
(574 Bytes) Downloaded 966 times
Last edited by Svengali on 14 Feb 2017, 18:00, edited 1 time in total.
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Svengali wrote:Here's my universal FadeIn-FadeOut.bin file. To use it, simply load it in FX Stack / Multiple FX and check either of the two effects: FadeIn8 or FadeOut8. The default size is 8 frames, but either can be positioned and stretched to any frame count. The Speed Profile curve can be adjusted to weight the rate of fade.

Sven
Hi, Sven -

When I try to import the Fadein-FadeOut.bin it says "Bad or Corrupted Bin File".
Screen Shot 2017-02-14 at 11.15.22 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-02-14 at 11.15.22 AM.jpg (13.49 KiB) Viewed 27162 times

Svengali

Post by Svengali »

D.T. Nethery wrote:When I try to import the Fadein-FadeOut.bin it says "Bad or Corrupted Bin File".
Hi Dave, When I download it here, it seem to load ok??? I'll upload another zip version just to be sure.
Meanwhile, you can set it up yourself very simply. Below is what it looks like:

Under MultipleFX I loaded Fade effect from the Transition group, renamed it FadeOut8 then loaded in Fade effect a second time and renamed it FadeIn8.
Then with FadeIn8 selected, I set a key at 1 to be Transparency 100% and a key at 8 to be Transparency 0.
Finally I unselected FadeIn8 and selected FadeOut8 I set a key at 1 to be Transparency 0% and a key at 8 to be Transparency 100%.
After testing, I saved the effect as FadeIn-FadeOut.bin
FadeInFadeOut.jpg
FadeInFadeOut.jpg (19.15 KiB) Viewed 27153 times
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
cyrus rebello

Post by cyrus rebello »

D.T. Nethery wrote: 14 Feb 2017, 15:12
cyrus rebello wrote:If there's a fade in and out affect, is it in the FX stack? and on what extent is it customize able?
Yes. FX Stack > Transition > Fade . It can be any length that you want and you can keyframe the percentage of fade (transparency) over the length of the fade , so yes, it can be customized.

https://www.tvpaint.com/doc/tvp11/index ... ition-fade

But here's the quick and easy way to make a fade:

On a new layer add two frames . Flood Fill the first frame with Black . Second frame is blank. Now drag and stretch second frame to
the desired length of the fade (let's say 24 frames) . This will make the Increase Layer Length panel pop up. Select Stretch >Interpolate.
The result is a fade-in (to do a fade out , reverse it) .
Hey, thanks for the easy tip, makes life a lot easier and simpler, i'll try it out :)
cyrus rebello

Post by cyrus rebello »

D.T. Nethery wrote: 14 Feb 2017, 16:38
Svengali wrote:Here's my universal FadeIn-FadeOut.bin file. To use it, simply load it in FX Stack / Multiple FX and check either of the two effects: FadeIn8 or FadeOut8. The default size is 8 frames, but either can be positioned and stretched to any frame count. The Speed Profile curve can be adjusted to weight the rate of fade.

Sven
Hi, Sven -

When I try to import the Fadein-FadeOut.bin it says "Bad or Corrupted Bin File".

Exact response here, wonder if there's a solution
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

cyrus rebello wrote: 17 Feb 2017, 14:23
D.T. Nethery wrote: 14 Feb 2017, 16:38

Sven
Hi, Sven -

Exact response here, wonder if there's a solution
I found the problem: I was trying to import Sven's fade preset into the FX Bin for Transition > Fade . But it needs to be imported through the Presets menu . After importing FadeIn-FadeOut.bin to the Presets , it will be in the FX Bin after that.

But as Sven posted above, it's easy to make your own Fade presets and add them to your FX Bin. Follow his instructions above.
Import .bin file to FX Stack.jpg

Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Oops! Sorry about that... I've never posted an FX.bin file before and didn't think about including instructions on how to get it working - my bad. Anyway, hope the FadeIn-FadeOut FX helps. :oops:

I keep a separate TVPaint application subfolder called FxBin for all the FX files I create. But it is also very convenient to keep your most used FX in the Preset list, where you can call any one at any time... :D

Sven
cyrus rebello

Post by cyrus rebello »

Svengali wrote: 17 Feb 2017, 15:19 Oops! Sorry about that... I've never posted an FX.bin file before and didn't think about including instructions on how to get it working - my bad. Anyway, hope the FadeIn-FadeOut FX helps. :oops:

I keep a separate TVPaint application subfolder called FxBin for all the FX files I create. But it is also very convenient to keep your most used FX in the Preset list, where you can call any one at any time... :D

Sven
It's all cool haha, thanks by the way!