Big issue with 11.0.6 on MacOS Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
BruceM

Big issue with 11.0.6 on MacOS

Post by BruceM »

I just downloaded version 11.0.6 64 bit for Mac and immediately ran into a problem. After opening the program, in order to move it from my iMac screen to my Cintiq, I click on the green button (of the red, yellow, and green buttons at the top left corner) to minimize the program's window and then I can drag the window to the Cintiq. But when I did that, the TVP window quickly shrunk inward from the left and the right sides and disappeared.
After force-quitting TVP, I reopened it and tried it again with the same result -- it shrunk and disappeared. However, now I can't even get the TVP window to open up at all.

Anyone else experiencing this on their Mac?
JeremyN
Site Admin

Re: Big issue with 11.0.6 on MacOS

Post by JeremyN »

Hello Bruce,

When exactly TVPaint window schrunk ? When you click on the green button or when you drag the window ?
Last time you opened TVPaint, were you in fullscreen mode ?
Mac Developer
BruceM

Post by BruceM »

Hi Jeremy,
I don't get the chance to drag the window because as soon as I click on the green button to minimize the window, the window shrinks and disappears.
When the program opens on my screen, it's already in full screen mode, which is why I have to click the green button the make it draggable.

Have you heard of anyone else experiencing this?
JeremyN
Site Admin

Post by JeremyN »

Thanks for your answer Bruce.

Unfortunaly, we haven't heard anyone else experiencing this but... we got an idea.
In 11.0.6, we have made some change in the config files (they were read differently between 64bits and 32 bits version, we standardized them).
Since you were in fullscreen mode, it's possible TVPaint cannot read the config file correctly so :

- go to "/Users/[your name]/Library/tvp animation 11 pro" with the Finder;
- open your config folder (if you have no custom config, it's the "default" folder);
- rename config.ini files in config2.ini for examples or move it elsewhere (don't delete it);
- launch TVPaint and tell us what happened;

By the way, send us the old config file ( the one you renamed or moved ) please.
Mac Developer
BruceM

Post by BruceM »

My apologies, Jeremy, but I'm not super adept with computers. Are you saying that I should open the Finder and type in "/Users/[your name]/Library/tvp animation 11 pro" in the Finder search window?
And then is this where the "config folder" should be located?
JeremyN
Site Admin

Post by JeremyN »

No problem,
Follow those screenshots to find the config folder
screen_Library_2.png
screen_Library_2.png (70.41 KiB) Viewed 17481 times
By writing "~/Library" in the textfield, it will open the library folder where you can find your config folder

screen_Library.png
Your config is inside "tvp animation 11 pro". On the screenshot, you can see a "default" folder, if you create your own config, you will have other folder. Open the one corresponding to your current config a do as I said in my previous post.

- rename config.ini files in config2.ini for examples or move it elsewhere (don't delete it);
- launch TVPaint and tell us what happened;
Mac Developer
BruceM

Post by BruceM »

That's amazing! It fixed it!
Thank you so much, Jeremy!

How do I send you the newly renamed config file? I'm clicking on "Copy file", but it appears that it's only copying the title and not the file itself.
JeremyN
Site Admin

Re: [Fixed] Big issue with 11.0.6 on MacOS

Post by JeremyN »

No need to send us the file now Bruce,

It was just in case reset the config won't work.

Glad it works now.

Thanks !
Mac Developer