tvp 11 vid tutorials cropped, magnified

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
CharlieC

tvp 11 vid tutorials cropped, magnified

Post by CharlieC »

don't know if this is happening to anyone else, but in trying to view tvp11 tutorial vids they appear magnified and drastically cropped without an apparent way to zoom out; just scrolling around is possible. another odd thing when hovering over their links on the tutorial page, the cursor turns to a magnifying glass. the fullscreen arrow doesn't seem to function either. on a mac, and tried 3 diff browsers. if i choose watch later on youtube it appears correctly. screen shot below of the vid (the long rectangle is the viewing screen as it appears when playing from the tvp page):

Last edited by CharlieC on 22 Feb 2017, 22:07, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie C

charliecanfield.com
Mac mini (M1, 2020)
chip Apple M1
memory 16 GB
(currently running Monterey 12.6)
Cintiq 22HD (2015), driver 6.3.36-2
o0Ampy0o

Re: tvp 11 vid tutorials cropped, magnified

Post by o0Ampy0o »

I just view the videos on YouTube. I believe the linked representation is intended as a thumbnail more or less. It could be adjusted in the forum code but they are still accessible the way things are.
Main System: Mac Mini running OS X: Big Sur | M1 | 16GB RAM | have not installed TVPaint on new M1 need to update to current as of 9/2022 ...pending non-dongle license 1/2023 | iPad Pro, Apple Pencil and Astropad | Wacom Intros Pro
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

CharlieC wrote: 22 Feb 2017, 18:55 don't know if this is happening to anyone else, but in trying to view tvp11 tutorial vids they appear magnified and drastically cropped without an apparent way to zoom out; just scrolling around is possible. another odd thing when hovering over their links on the tutorial page, the cursor turns to a magnifying glass. the fullscreen arrow doesn't seem to function either. on a mac, and tried 3 diff browsers. if i choose watch later on youtube it appears correctly. screen shot below of the vid (the long rectangle is the viewing screen as it appears when playing from the tvp page):
Yes, I see the same thing when trying to view the videos from the Tutorials Page on the TVPaint website. That is definitely something wrong . It wasn't like that before . They recently updated the forum and must have updated some other things on the website , which messed up the embedded tutorials .

I also see that on TVPaint Development YouTube Channel the videos play normally:

https://www.youtube.com/user/TVPaint/videos

(or go to Aaron Blaise's YouTube Channel to see the Aaron Blaise tutorials using TVPaint: https://www.youtube.com/user/AaronBlais ... ry=tvpaint )

So it's an issue on the website.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Mike

Post by Mike »

It should be fixed now.
TVPaint Team
o0Ampy0o

Post by o0Ampy0o »

Mike wrote: 23 Feb 2017, 07:38 It should be fixed now.
Horizontal has been fixed but the space allotted to display vertical is too small and requires scrolling.

Attachments
TVPaint Vid Tut.jpg
TVPaint Vid Tut.jpg (95.63 KiB) Viewed 23673 times
Main System: Mac Mini running OS X: Big Sur | M1 | 16GB RAM | have not installed TVPaint on new M1 need to update to current as of 9/2022 ...pending non-dongle license 1/2023 | iPad Pro, Apple Pencil and Astropad | Wacom Intros Pro
Mike

Post by Mike »

Strange, I have no more problem here.

Could you try to "force reload" the tutorials page (should be Shift + Command + R on MacOSX) and then open a tuto to check it.
TVPaint Team
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

I don't have the problem either (not any more). I tried with Firefox and Safari.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Mike wrote: 24 Feb 2017, 07:26 Strange, I have no more problem here.

Could you try to "force reload" the tutorials page (should be Shift + Command + R on MacOSX) and then open a tuto to check it.
I tried force reload on the tutorials page , but I still get the same appearance that was reported above (space allotted to vertical display is too small and requires scrolling) by Charlie Canfield and o0Ampy0o . This is in both Chrome and Firefox .

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
o0Ampy0o

Post by o0Ampy0o »

The force reload did not change anything for me either.

One thing I have noticed is that I get different results on two of three systems.

Initially I was viewing the tutorials on my Mac Mini, OS X 10.6.8, Firefox 48.0.2 and the preciously posted image illustrates the cropped/scroll situation.

But on my Mac Pro, OS X 10.10.5, Firefox 51.0.1 and my Macbook Pro Retina, OS X 10.11.3, Firefox 46.0.1 I see the full video area with no need to scroll.

The Mac Mini and Mac Pro have identical 1920x1200 ACD's.
Tut-MP-MbPR-play.jpg
Tut-MP-MbPR-play.jpg (59.88 KiB) Viewed 23621 times
(Note: The still shot before you click on the center arrow to begin playing the video is zoomed in and cropped but the video is in full view once it begins unlike the situation on the Mac Mini where you cannot see 100% of the video at any time.)
Tut-MP-MbPR.jpg
Tut-MP-MbPR.jpg (78.66 KiB) Viewed 23623 times