Problem reloading Frames TVP 11 Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
jeska87

Problem reloading Frames TVP 11

Post by jeska87 »

Hi there

Our Project-workflow: Animation on Paper first, then import in TV Paint, do additional animation in TV Paint...

TV Paint Version 11.06 Pro
Mac OSX Sierra

Our Problem:
We imported Tiff-Sequences in TVP 11 ( Preload off, because we didn`t want the TV Paint Files to be too big). Then we did some color correction to the image sequence in Photoshop. Then we tried to reload the Tiffs ( dependencies >load images ) but nothing happened.

We tried several things like: preload on, pngs instead tiffs, smaller sizes, renamed, playing sequence in TVP, different folder and reimport, closed and reopened TVP...

We even exported the animation, but there was no change either.

Any ideas?

The principle with proxys is the same as in after effects, right?

Thanks for your help!
Elodie

Re: Problem reloading Frames TVP 11

Post by Elodie »

I confirm it is the normal behavior : if the file using dependencies is open, it won't take in account the change. But if you close the file and re-open it, the dependencies will be updated, except the first frame (old behaviour that is impossible to change without affecting the rest of the software...).

By the way, I would not advise you to use Tiff : there can be incredibly large for no reason (Tiff is a good format for printing. In TVPaint, using PNG is better).
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Elodie wrote: 23 Feb 2017, 11:17 if the file using dependencies is open, it won't take in account the change.
But if you close the file and re-open it, the dependencies will be updated, except the first frame (old behaviour that is impossible to change without affecting the rest of the software...).
I can't get this to work.

1.) Load a PNG image sequence (scanned drawings) in TVPaint .

2.) Save Project . ( Embed Dependencies in Project is checked in the Project menu)
Close TVPaint.

3.) Make a change to one of the PNG image files , altering it in Photoshop with the Warp Tool . Save it .

4.) Reopen TVPaint , Load the Project . The image I changed in Photoshop is not updated. (it was not the first frame).

What am I missing ?

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

If you embed dependencies, they are no longer dependencies. Don't Preload or embed the PNG sequence.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Elodie wrote: 23 Feb 2017, 14:14 If you embed dependencies, they are no longer dependencies. Don't Preload or embed the PNG sequence.
Got it . Thank you !

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1