problem with rotating image Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
animacho

problem with rotating image

Post by animacho »

When I acquire image from scaner it places it in the project portrait but I need it landscape. I rotate the workspace, but when I export the movie it again is rotated portrait . How can I rotate the project to be landscape.
slowtiger

Re: problem with rotating image

Post by slowtiger »

In the Import panel there's a text input field for rotation, which you should use. I don't know if this is in the scanner panel as well.

Alternatively, after import, you can use "modfy project" and rotate it permanently.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

animacho wrote: 24 Feb 2017, 13:48 When I acquire image from scaner it places it in the project portrait but I need it landscape. I rotate the workspace, but when I export the movie it again is rotated portrait . How can I rotate the project to be landscape.
I'm on Mac, but the ICA > Acquire from Scanner doesn't work with my scanner, so I never use it. I'm assuming you're on Windows using Twain > Acquire from Scanner .

Anyway, what I do is scan the drawings first , then when I import the scans to TVPaint I use the Rotation in the Import Footage window to correct the orientation if needed .

(actually, I usually scan using a scanning software called VueScan , which allows me to correct the orientation when I make the scans , so I don't usually need to use the Rotation when importing , but sometimes I get scans from a collaborator who didn't rotate the orientation when they scanned their drawings, so then I need to use the Rotation in the Import Footage window).

Scans in wrong orientation.jpg
Use Rotation to correct the orientation.jpg

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
animacho

Post by animacho »

Thank you very much for the support