Can't drag TVP interface to my Cintiq Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
BruceM

Can't drag TVP interface to my Cintiq

Post by BruceM »

Here's my issue... A few days ago I downloaded the Mac OS update 10.12.4. Now when I open TVP and it pops up on my iMac screen, I'll hit the green dot (of the red, yellow, green dots in the upper left in order to minimize the TVP interface, which allows me to then drag the interface to my Cintiq screen. The problem is, now it won't "detach" from my iMac screen and become draggable. I can't drag it to my Cintiq screen.
Any other Mac users having this issue? What does one do?
o0Ampy0o

Re: Can't drag TVP interface to my Cintiq

Post by o0Ampy0o »

I have read of other drag & drop problems with various OS X updates.

To gather more information on the problem:

One idea: As a temporary workaround can you create an alias and use that to open the window on the Cintiq in a similar way?

Another idea: With the interface NOT in full screen mode can you drag it to the Cintiq then rearrange everything on the Cintiq? (I know what a hassle)

I don't have a Cintiq so I can't see what you need to do to spread it onto both the display and Cintiq. I know with the current TVPaint limitations the only way I can get it to utilize multiple displays and remember the exact layout after closing and reopening the program is to make sure no edge of the interface touches the edge of the display. You have to leave a fraction of space all the way around. Otherwise it has worked perfectly.
Main System: Mac Mini running OS X: Big Sur | M1 | 16GB RAM | have not installed TVPaint on new M1 need to update to current as of 9/2022 ...pending non-dongle license 1/2023 | iPad Pro, Apple Pencil and Astropad | Wacom Intros Pro
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Hello, I've just tried with TVPaint Pro 10.5.7 with Mac OS 10.12.4 and Cintiq 22HD : no problems, I can move the display of TVPaint anywhere.

Is TVPaint up to date ? Are your Wacom drivers up to date too ?
BruceM

Post by BruceM »

It turned out that I did need to update the Wacom driver, but after doing that I am still having this issue. The TVP version that I'm using says it was modified on February 6, 2017. That's the latest version, correct?
It's very odd because something changed and I can't get the TVP interface to shrink slightly away from the screen edges so that I can then drag it to the Cintiq.
Do you have any other thoughts as to what I can try?

Thanks Elodie!

-Bruce
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

BruceM wrote: 10 Apr 2017, 13:13 The TVP version that I'm using says it was modified on February 6, 2017
That just means you installed in 2 months ago, but you may have installed an old version. You can check this on Help menu (in TVPaint) > about TVPaint Animation and the version will be displayed.
BruceM wrote: 10 Apr 2017, 13:13 It's very odd because something changed and I can't get the TVP interface to shrink slightly away from the screen edges so that I can then drag it to the Cintiq.
Yes, Mac OS shrink the interface until you shrink it "too much" and so, it passes it on the other screen. If you don't want that behaviour, go to System Preferences (the apple on the top left corner) > Mission Control > uncheck "displays have spearate spaces".
BruceM

Post by BruceM »

It says that I'm on version 11.0.6 - 64 bit. When I click on check for updates, it's saying that there are no updates available.

To be clear, I can't get the interface to shrink at all. It stays tight against the edge of the screen.
I tried your suggestion of unchecking "displays have separate spaces", but it's behaving just the same.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

BruceM wrote: 10 Apr 2017, 14:13 It says that I'm on version 11.0.6 - 64 bit. When I click on check for updates, it's saying that there are no updates available.
My bad : because of Mac OS 10.12... I thought you were also on TVPaint 10.x.x
Too many digits for my small brain.
BruceM wrote: 10 Apr 2017, 14:13 To be clear, I can't get the interface to shrink at all. It stays tight against the edge of the screen.
Hmm... this is the kind of thing that requires pictures or videos :)

I suggest you to check the display's arrangement. Here is an example on video :
http://www.tvpaint.com/owncloud/index.p ... GwtCvduYj6

At the beginning, I cannot move the interface on the right because the arrangement says my screen is below.
BruceM

Post by BruceM »

My display arrangement is correct. I have it set up with my iMac screen on the left, and my Cintiq screen on the right.
The change that I'm noticing from how it used to work is that, before, when I would click on the small greet button in the upper left, it would shrink the TVP interface a little bit and pull it away from the edges of the screen. I could then drag the interface to my Cintiq. Now however, when I click on the green button, it doesn't shrink the interface. It stays tight against the edge of screen.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Again : this is the kind of thing that requires pictures or videos :)
BruceM

Post by BruceM »

Elodie, there is a record function with TVP, is there not? Where is that function turned on and off?
o0Ampy0o

Post by o0Ampy0o »

BruceM wrote: 10 Apr 2017, 17:17 Elodie, there is a record function with TVP, is there not? Where is that function turned on and off?
I don't think that is going to capture the border of the display. It probably only captures the area within the interface border. You may be better off doing a few carefully chosen screen captures. Here is the Tutorial Recorder information anyway.

Under Custom Panels is Tutorial Recorder. Check that. In you upper right corner will be a window (it may auto-hide and peek) with a red button labeled Record Tutorial. Under that is Generate Tutorial.

"The first button is used to start the record, whereas the second allows to stop and generate an images sequence into the TVPaint Animation's timeline."

https://www.tvpaint.com/doc/tvp11/index ... l-recorder
Main System: Mac Mini running OS X: Big Sur | M1 | 16GB RAM | have not installed TVPaint on new M1 need to update to current as of 9/2022 ...pending non-dongle license 1/2023 | iPad Pro, Apple Pencil and Astropad | Wacom Intros Pro
BruceM

Post by BruceM »

I don't know how much value this will have for you, but here are 2 screen shots. The first is the non-Full Screen, and the 2nd is Full Screen.
Do these indicate anything useful?
Attachments
Non-Full Screen.png
Full Screen.png
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

It's already something to start with. Don't you have a phone with camera, so you can record both screens as I did above ?
BruceM

Post by BruceM »

Hah! I hadn't even thought of that. Okay, so here's a Dropbox link to a phone camera recording of the issue. Let me know if this doesn't give you enough information.
Thanks Elodie!
-Bruce
https://www.dropbox.com/s/64wsycyxqmrrd ... 0.MOV?dl=0
JeremyN
Site Admin

Post by JeremyN »

Hello,

Your TVPaint window is too big to be displayed on your screen. It's maybe because we have done some change in config for the 11.0.6 release.
To fix this, click with the left mouse button on one of the corner of the window and maintain it (like if you want to resize it) then, press the button Alt and don't release it.
Then drag your mouse. The window should normally schrink and the title bar will appear so you will be able to move it.

Hope it helps !
Mac Developer