Keyframer Source:Project - how to adjust timeline?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
leszczynska

Keyframer Source:Project - how to adjust timeline?

Post by leszczynska »

Hi all,
I'm trying to import one TVP project into another + add a few basic effect (position change, opacity fade etc) to it. Reading the forum I figured Keyframer would be the best tool for that, but what I also need is animation from the imported project B to start later than frame 1 of project A.
Say: I have 20 frames worth of animation in project B, I want to import it into project A with Keyframer, but the animation of project B to start at frame 30 of project A.

I so far noticed that I could do that if I move animation of project B to start at frame 30 (leaving 30 empty instances), or apply Keyframer in project A to imported project B and then manually move the framer 30 frames back, but I wonder if there's a way to tell Keyframer to play frame 1 of project B on frame 30 of project A. I'm relatively new to TVPaint and maybe there's something obvious I'm missing,
Thanks

(I use TVP 11 standard version)
slowtiger

Re: Keyframer Source:Project - how to adjust timeline?

Post by slowtiger »

Adjust the emptly layer you want to apply the FX to so it starts at frame 30.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
leszczynska

Re: Keyframer Source:Project - how to adjust timeline?

Post by leszczynska »

Thank you for a quick reply, I tried that (unless I'm not understanding correctly: you mean to move that layer so the instance's head is on frame 30, right?).
When I do that Keyframer and project B does indeed start being visible on frame 30, but it also plays frame 30 of project B animation at this point. I want it to play frame 1 of project B on frame 30 of project A.

edited later:
ok, after investigating further I think I need to set Keyframer's offset to minus 30 value and that should work. I'll test it now and possibly that's it sorted! Sorry to bother you all
(should I delete the thread now?)
Last edited by leszczynska on 21 Apr 2017, 13:55, edited 1 time in total.