TVP wont open file

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Johannes

TVP wont open file

Post by Johannes »

Dear Support Forum,

i have been working on a file without problems. When i try to open that file now, tvp is doing nothing. the file is attached:
neuland_01_170510.tvpp
this file wont open on my machine
(20.95 MiB) Downloaded 1119 times
TVP is on Version 11.0.6-64 bkits
Im on Windows 7 professional Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)

Any help would be apreciated.

Until then i'm trying to recreate the file from an earlier version (opens without problem).

Thanks in advance
Johannes
o0Ampy0o

Re: TVP wont open file

Post by o0Ampy0o »

(My system TVPaint Pro 11.0.6 64bit Mac/OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite)

FWIW

Opening TVPaint in advance and using File => Open/Import ...produced an untitled new project file rather than your file.

With TVPaint closed, right-clicking on the downloaded file and choosing TVPaint ...also produced an untitled new project file rather than your file.

(NOTE: I still have the trial software installed along with my purchased license copy and by default my system opens the trial when I just click on a .tvpp file so in this experiment I chose the purchased license copy.)
Main System: Mac Mini running OS X: Big Sur | M1 | 16GB RAM | have not installed TVPaint on new M1 need to update to current as of 9/2022 ...pending non-dongle license 1/2023 | iPad Pro, Apple Pencil and Astropad | Wacom Intros Pro
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Hi there,

I can't look at it from home, but we will try monday.
Fabrice Debarge
Eric Scholl

Post by Eric Scholl »

Hi Johannes,

We tried to recover your file, but it seems it is completely empty.
We managed to recover other corrupted files before, but I think it's the first time I see a file with absolutely nothing inside it.
Do you remember if you had a problem when saving it ( a crash, your computer shuting down unexpectedly ) ?

Sadly, I think you'll have to continue using your earlier version of the file.
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Hello,

i dont remember anything special. TVPaint runs not very stable on this system anyways. It just quits from time to time at startup. But i didnt notice anything on quiting/saving. It was no big deal this time. I imported many brushes from the previous version of tvpaint. Can that cause issues? Mostly animated brushes with lots of frames. Is there a good way to transfer all the brushes an d panels from tvpaint versions? I think i may have to reset TVPaint completely nad the reimport of all these brushe swill be a very repetive task...

Best Johannes.
Hobbes_205

Post by Hobbes_205 »

I am having similar trouble, two of my files will not open either and I am not sure why?
Attachments
Hunner Burgin congo soundtrack animatic.tvpp
(196 Bytes) Downloaded 379 times
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Hobbes_205 wrote: 17 Jan 2022, 18:57 I am having similar trouble, two of my files will not open either and I am not sure why?
Hi, sorry your attachment is only 196 bytes, there's nothing in the file ! I'll send you a link by PM to upload the file
Hobbes_205

Post by Hobbes_205 »

I uploaded it
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Hobbes_205 wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 20:32 I uploaded it
Hi, sorry the file you uploaded is not better : 439 bytes only.