Rename project

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
mnolo

Rename project

Post by mnolo »

I feel shamed already to ask this silly question but I never needed to do it and now it seems impossible to find a way...
The thing is that I have a lot of open projects which are variations of the same original project, with names that say nothing, so, I tried to give them useful names to realise that I could not do it just easily on the list of open projects. Neither on any other location where "project name" appears (not even modify project). Everything else can be easily renamed on TVP...Just silly me, or is there any reason?

Thanks !
NathanOtano

Re: Rename project

Post by NathanOtano »

Project names are the name of your .tvpp file :) you have to close them and rename them or save a new instance of the project with a new name :D
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
mnolo

Post by mnolo »

Thanks Nathan! That's the way I do. I was expecting something more "immediate", but it makes sense that being the file name, changing it easily within an open project would eventually bring difficulties with the file.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

You can also "save as" and give it a different name.

Because even if you could change the name inside TVPaint, it would create automatically a new file when saving it.