Export Error: PNG Image Space Size Larger than Usual

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
TheQuestionMark

Export Error: PNG Image Space Size Larger than Usual

Post by TheQuestionMark »

There's an error when you export a PNG FIle. It seems to add and extra row vertical pixels to the right. I think it's huge. It just increase my image size by 2 MB, from 6.12 MB to 8.12 MB. I think that's huge, especially on a 4K Size Image with unattended transparency!

You can see the row of pixel if you use Clip Paint Studio and Export to PNG Preview.

It became apparent when I started to export larger than Pixiv could Allow to Upload at 8MB. Please fix. 11.0.7 Patch.

Option setting
Checked Background
Checked Pixel Aspect Ratio
Checked to Frame Rate Rate

I think I have to leave them checked, otherwise the image becomes really blurry.
Last edited by TheQuestionMark on 16 May 2017, 18:35, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 10 64-Bit TvPaint Professional 11.5.3 (64-Bit)
Fabrice

Re: Export Error: PNG Image Size Larger than Usual

Post by Fabrice »

Hello, can you post a screenshot ? and the bugged images ?
What are the png options used ?
Fabrice Debarge
TheQuestionMark

Fabrice wrote: 16 May 2017, 13:36 Hello, can you post a screenshot ? and the bugged images ?
What are the png options used ?
Image The bugged image on 4K. You can see the transparent area clear as day, if view it on Clip Paint when you Export from Clip Paint. On the right of the canvas.

Image The Option Screen Shot. If were to check off Pixel Aspect Ratio the image becomes blurry. I think it becomes really apparent the bigger the image size, the more blurry the image becomes due to pixel and canvas size.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

I only see a large black rectangle. What are we supposed to see ? :?
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Elodie wrote: 16 May 2017, 14:39 I only see a large black rectangle. What are we supposed to see ? :?
I confirm that I see the same (black rectangle, no image) . I downloaded it and tried to open the image in TVPaint and in Photoshop , but I only see the black rectangle.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Black, with a 1 px transparency at the right.

- What are the project dimensions?
- What were the dimensions you wanted to export?
- Did you choose RBG or RGBA?
- Did you test with a new project with absolutely no transparent pixel anywhere)
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
TheQuestionMark

slowtiger wrote: 16 May 2017, 16:22 Black, with a 1 px transparency at the right.

- What are the project dimensions?
- What were the dimensions you wanted to export?
- Did you choose RBG or RGBA?
- Did you test with a new project with absolutely no transparent pixel anywhere)
Hmmm maybe you have to direct link it then. http://i.imgur.com/9MH4hZj.png

Try Clip Paint you can actually see the vertical row pixel by one. When you export from it. I can actually see it from chrome browser.
I'm using RGBA.

I think it's was the source that was 'blurry' image in which I was talking about in the past. Oh I guess you have to have a Portrait 4K Monitor to View it mysteriously. Hmmm, due to the vertical scrollbar of your browser blending in with the transparency. If you use photoshop the row of pixel is probably blending in but it's you can see in Clip Paint when you Export it.
Last edited by TheQuestionMark on 16 May 2017, 18:44, edited 3 times in total.
TheQuestionMark

D.T. Nethery wrote: 16 May 2017, 16:16
Elodie wrote: 16 May 2017, 14:39 I only see a large black rectangle. What are we supposed to see ? :?
I confirm that I see the same (black rectangle, no image) . I downloaded it and tried to open the image in TVPaint and in Photoshop , but I only see the black rectangle.
It's on the very right you can't miss it. http://i.imgur.com/9MH4hZj.png Try a chrome browser.

Oh I guess you have to have a Portrait 4K Monitor to View it mysteriously. Hmmm, due to the vertical scrollbar of your browser blending in with the transparency. If you use photoshop the row of pixel is probably blending in but it's you can see in Clip Paint when you Export it.
Elodie

Re: Export Error: PNG Image Space Size Larger than Usual

Post by Elodie »

Uncheck "pixel aspect ratio" when you export.
TheQuestionMark

Elodie wrote: 17 May 2017, 04:44 Uncheck "pixel aspect ratio" when you export.
Just did, like I said it's makes the image blurry. I can't get the same effect how it is when pixel aspect ratio is checked to be sharp. And it's a huge difference too. Especially when the finalize canvas is 4K Plus.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

TheQuestionMark wrote: 19 May 2017, 23:23
Elodie wrote: 17 May 2017, 04:44 Uncheck "pixel aspect ratio" when you export.
Just did, like I said it's makes the image blurry. I can't get the same effect how it is when pixel aspect ratio is checked to be sharp. And it's a huge difference too. Especially when the finalize canvas is 4K Plus.
I'm curious to see an example (other than the big black box with the 1 pixel strip of transparency along the edge ... there's not much to see there in terms of image sharpness ) . Can you show a side-by-side example of a drawing exported to PNG with pixel aspect ratio checked and the same drawing exported to PNG with pixel aspect ratio unchecked so we could see what you're talking about ?

I mention this because I am currently working on a project at resolution of 4096 x 3072 , and when I export images to PNG with pixel aspect ratio unchecked or checked I can't see any difference in the sharpness of the image , but then I am not using a 4K monitor . I do zoom in on the images 3x or 4x to see if I can detect any blurriness of the pixels , but I don't see it. I would think I would notice some difference if as you say it's a huge difference with the pixel aspect ratio turned off or turned on.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Please check (and post) your project settings and your export settings, with these values:
Width
Height
Aspect ratio.
As long as the values are identical in both windows, as long there shouldn't be any problem.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

check also if you are using the premultiply option or not.
Please check (and post) your project settings and your export settings, with these values:
Width
Height
Aspect ratio.
As long as the values are identical in both windows, as long there shouldn't be any problem.
In fact, we need to see the whole panel.
I'm curious to see an example (other than the big black box with the 1 pixel strip of transparency along the edge ... there's not much to see there in terms of image sharpness ) . Can you show a side-by-side example of a drawing exported to PNG with pixel aspect ratio checked and the same drawing exported to PNG with pixel aspect ratio unchecked so we could see what you're talking about ?
I agree with David. His question is relevant.
Fabrice Debarge
TheQuestionMark

Fabrice wrote: 21 May 2017, 21:48 check also if you are using the premultiply option or not.
Width
Height
Aspect ratio.
In fact, we need to see the whole panel.
I agree with David. His question is relevant.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Original image and "exported" image both have a ratio equal to a square pixel... If there is no conversion, it is unnecessary to check a useless option. What makes the image blurry is the fact you lower the size of the image.