How do I stretch the interface across a 2nd display? Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
BruceM

Re: How do I stretch the interface across a 2nd display?

Post by BruceM »

Thank Elodie, but I've done that several times now - made sure "Displays have separate Spaces" is unchecked, and restarted. For some odd reason, the panels still want to snap back up to the top screen.
Any other thoughts as to what it might be?
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

For some odd reason, the panels still want to snap back up to the top screen.
What do you mean by "snap back". Do you mean it stays to the top screen when you quit / start TVPaint ? Or do you mean it cannot be stretched accross 2 screens ?
Maybe you could record a video with your phone ?
BruceM

Post by BruceM »

I have the TVP UI stretched across 2 screens: my Cintiq, which is below, and a 2nd monitor, which is above. When I stretched the UI from the Cintiq up through the 2nd monitor, all of the left-side panels (Main Panel, Menu Bar, Color Panel, Tool Panel) slid up to the upper monitor as well. Each time I try to grab and slide the panels back down to the Cintiq, as soon as I let go of my click, they immediately scoot back up to the upper monitor. I would like them all to be on the lower screen (Cintiq), and have just the timeline in the upper monitor.

Does this make sense? If this is still unclear, I haven't posted a phone recording before, but will try doing it.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

I'm not 100% to understand, but if so, I think you just have to go to Edit > Preferences > Display tab > and uncheck the drawers. So, you'll be free to place your panels anywhere.
BruceM

Post by BruceM »

That worked!!!
However as a result, one other issue has come up: because I've unchecked the left & right drawers, the right side panels (Handy Custom Panel, Sketch Panel, Sketch Panel RGB) are now stacked up on the left side with the other panels. There isn't going to be enough room for all of them along the left side of the project window. Do you just have to keep them collapsed until you need them? Or is there a way to "drawer" them on the lower screen next to the project window?
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

You can also activate drawers but remove the pin, so drawers will pop only if you put your cursor nearby.
BruceM

Post by BruceM »

Thanks Elodie!
Question: can you implement the drawers if you don't have the GUI stretched out fully to the left and right edges of the screen? I don't want to pull the GUI all the way to the edges because, if there's a crash or I shut down improperly, the software doesn't remember how I'd set it up for 2 displays.