TVPaint internal links not working Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
juanlink661

TVPaint internal links not working

Post by juanlink661 »

Hello, first time posting here.
So I got the standard version of TVPaint today, and while jumping and gagging installed it, carefully reading all the manuals and ToS, after I installed the Software and the Dongle, I openned it for the first time. The Registration screen greeted me with my lock code and my ackward user name. I clicked the link that that takes me to the form to fill and get my unlock code, the software blinked a couple of times...and nothing. anyway I openned the other option to send a mail with my info, and proceeded to use the software in its test period state, and I also noticed all of the links in the help tab in the software did the same thing too (facebook, help, even Aaron Blaise´s Tutorials), andthe check for updates option was grayed out. Tried white-listing TVP in my firewall, but to no avail.

Don´t know if this will affect future updates or not, but I thought it would be best to at least put the problem here.

Thanks for the attention and sorry for the long (weird) read, English is not my first language.
Cheers

Juan Andrés Pérez Langarano
Lead Animator
Freaky Creations
Elodie

Re: TVPaint internal links not working

Post by Elodie »

I'm probably tired, but I think you just have to wait to receive your codes by email. Or did I misunderstood your issue ?
juanlink661

Post by juanlink661 »

Elodie wrote: 12 Jun 2017, 22:09 I'm probably tired, but I think you just have to wait to receive your codes by email. Or did I misunderstood your issue ?
Oh, no, I sent the email to get the code, I know I have to wait a couple of days to get it, I meat the links inside TVPaint that prompt an internet browser, like the help link or the user guide and such, don´t work on my copy.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Are you already up to date ? Is it version 11.0.6 ?
juanlink661

Post by juanlink661 »

Yes, it is
juanlink661

Post by juanlink661 »

I got my unlock code today, It´s not working, tried all manner of firewall permissions (even turned the firewall off completely), but still nothing, links to websites inside the program still dont work, I guess that´s why the unlock code its not working.
Its not giving me any errors or anything, the software blinks once when I input the code, then the code windows appears again.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

I don't understand your message, for you are mixing "webiste links" with "unlock code" (which does not require an internet access...)

Would you mind to record a video (if you're on Mac, use Quicktime) and send it via we transfer by email ?
I need you to show me what's happen when you enter your unlock code and when you try to access internal links.
Soom

Post by Soom »

Its seems like you have 2 separate issues, which might, or might not be related.
So first - your internal links don't work (sounds pretty clear to me) - so for example when you click Help>Online Support> - nothing happens, right? and it's even greyed out you say?
Second - your Unlock code is not working - this shouldn't have anything to do with internet - it's the USB dongle that makes it work - do you have it and is it plugged in?
and last thing - please specify your PC specs, OS version, etc.
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas
juanlink661

Post by juanlink661 »

Hi, thanks for the reply, and yeah, I thought for some reason the software had to be connected to the internet to validate the unlock code, the dongle is connected and has the green light on.
my system specs are:
Windows 10 64 bits
CPU: Core i7 2600 3.4GHz
Ram: 16 GB
VideoCard: AMD HD 6800 (a little bit old I know)
TVPaint Standard edition.

I recorded a video showing both, the links not working and the unlock code failing as well, I´ll send it to Elodie by mail

Thanks again.
Soom

Post by Soom »

juanlink661 wrote: 28 Jun 2017, 16:06 I recorded a video showing both, the links not working and the unlock code failing as well, I´ll send it to Elodie by mail
great idea!
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Got your video : make a right click on TVPaint icon (without launching it) and choose to run the application with adminstrator rights. It should fix the unlock code issue and probably the link issue too.
juanlink661

Post by juanlink661 »

Yes!, that worked thank you very much.