Right Click and Pressure don't work together Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
indipops

Right Click and Pressure don't work together

Post by indipops »

Hi!

Firstly I've tried reading the other topics on problems with the Right click, but have yet to find a solution. I'm currently using TVP Animation 11 (11.0.6-32bits) with a wacom intuos 3 on windows 10.

If I turn windows Ink off, right click begins to work, but I loose all pressure sensitivity. Then the opposite occurs when Windows Ink is on. I've played around with Wintab, sub pixel and ink. But I can't seem to fins the combination that will give me both a right click and pressure sensitivity.

I've tried setting up individual TVP wacom preferences, so the right click is on the first button of the pen (as by default I usually have mine on the second), but still to no avail. I'd love help with this, as it's stopping me using the software at the moment, and I'd like to get my animation done :)

Thank you in advance for any help on this!
India
Elodie

Re: Right Click and Pressure don't work together

Post by Elodie »

I advise you to delete your wacom drivers (uninstall them) and install the newest wacom drivers.

What is your computer by the way ?
indipops

Post by indipops »

Hi!

Sorry for my slow response. I thought I would get any email about any replies here.
Thank you for your reply. I did try this, but to no avail.

It's a custom build. All my other software's work as expected
o0Ampy0o

Post by o0Ampy0o »

Hello India,

"Custom build" is a useless description. They need to know the details about your system.

[Read me first before posting a question]

When you have an issue with TVPaint Animation, please, don't forget to precise important details :

• What is your OS and its version :

- Mac OSX 10.7 (Lion), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite)...
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, etc...
- Linux Ubuntu 10.04+, Debian 6+, RedHat Entreprise Linux 5+, Fedora 15+

• What is your OS architecture (32 or 64 bit) + CPU type and amount of RAM.

• What is your software version (for example : Mirage 1.5, TVPaint 9.5.21, TVPaint 10.0.11, etc...)

• What is your software edition (Standard or Professional)

• For the Professional Edition : What is the architecture (32 or 64 bit) ?

• What is your Wacom (or other brand) Tablet and drivers version ?

By the way, don't forget to repeat the details above EACH time you have an issue. We cannot remind the configuration of all our users :wink:
(to save time, you can write the information above in your sign)
Main System: Mac Mini running OS X: Big Sur | M1 | 16GB RAM | have not installed TVPaint on new M1 need to update to current as of 9/2022 ...pending non-dongle license 1/2023 | iPad Pro, Apple Pencil and Astropad | Wacom Intros Pro
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Actually, Indipops already gave all the necessary explanations in his first post. I probably missed something when I wrote the message above.

Indipops, if you enable wintab and goes to to Wacom preferences, are drivers working fine ? Could you send a screenshot of your Wacom prefs (with pressure sensitivity visible ?).

BTW, to get notified, I advise you to use the functions at the bottom of a topic to follow the discussion (then you will be informed by email of the new messages)
indipops

Post by indipops »

I see, sorry about that o0Ampy0o. I'm new to using forums for this kind of support. Thanks I'll be sure to do that in future.

HI Elodie!

Thank you so much, here is a screenshot, of wintab on, pressure working and the drivers working:
pressure.jpg
pressure.jpg (92.41 KiB) Viewed 31450 times
ooohh thank you! I'll do that now :)
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Could you make another screenshot after clicking on the orange butterfly ?

You created an exception with TVPaint Animation and I want to know how pressure behaves.
pressure.png
indipops

Post by indipops »

Sure thing! Here it is:
pressure02.jpg
pressure02.jpg (59.38 KiB) Viewed 31434 times
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Hmm...

Intuos 3 are an old model (10 years), there might be some bug.

Last thing to try, could you use the minus at the right to delete TVPaint from exceptions ? And let me know if it helps.

If not, I'll try tomorrow with our own Intuos 3.
indipops

Post by indipops »

Hi!

I tried that but to no avail. Yeaah I totally understand, but it still works great in photoshop/maya etc, so I would rather avoid buying a new one if I can help it.

Thank you so much for your help on this !
:)
o0Ampy0o

Post by o0Ampy0o »

indipops wrote: 22 Jun 2017, 10:49 I see, sorry about that o0Ampy0o. I'm new to using forums for this kind of support. Thanks I'll be sure to do that in future.
No worries I am just another user wanting to speed you to a solution. There was nothing in your initial post about the computer itself. You apparently provided enough for Elodie to work with though.
Main System: Mac Mini running OS X: Big Sur | M1 | 16GB RAM | have not installed TVPaint on new M1 need to update to current as of 9/2022 ...pending non-dongle license 1/2023 | iPad Pro, Apple Pencil and Astropad | Wacom Intros Pro
indipops

Post by indipops »

Thaank you :) Yeaah that totally makes sense! I'll be a much better forum poster in the future now :D
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

just my 2 cents :
I have a Wacom intuos3 at home and it works well with TVPaint.
However, the 2 latest Wacom drivers versions on Windows are just super buggy, never ever install them.
Fabrice Debarge
indipops

Post by indipops »

Hey Fabrice!

Oohh no way. Okay, I do have the latest intuos 3 drivers.

Did you install 3/2/2015 by any chance? http://www.wacom.com/en/support/product-support/drivers

Thanks for your help :)
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

On our old Intuos 3, we use the 6.3.11w3 drivers (from 7th January 2015).
However, if you have installed more recent versions of the drivers, you might have some conflicts (we even had to edit the Windows Registry to fix some of the conflicts...)
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.