animating water effect at dusk hours

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
lam giang

animating water effect at dusk hours

Post by lam giang »

Hi, I have a scene of the boy looking at pictures on his phone on the bridge. I have a top down shot seeing the water below him. I want to animate an evening sparkle reflections from the water, possible some wave movements. Attached are my the examples. Is there any good example or effective way of doing this effect? Or I have to animate frame by frame with some overlay effects?

Thanks for helping!
Girl.png
Boy.png
[/img]
Elodie

Re: animating water effect at dusk hours

Post by Elodie »

I would use the animator stroke with CTRL : https://youtu.be/2oTe3JzMy6s?t=8m13s

I would make tiny stroke on 10 frames, then I would stretch them to 30 and interpolate them.
Girl.tvpp
(1.36 MiB) Downloaded 1004 times
You could then add a few FX like bloom or volumetric light.
lam giang

Post by lam giang »

Elodie wrote: 04 Jul 2017, 06:41 I would use the animator stroke with CTRL : https://youtu.be/2oTe3JzMy6s?t=8m13s

I would make tiny stroke on 10 frames, then I would stretch them to 30 and interpolate them.

Girl.tvpp

You could then add a few FX like bloom or volumetric light.

Thank you so much Elodie!!!
This tip is wonderful! And really appreciate it that you included the tvpaint file for me to study. I will try it out!

lam giang
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Oh! You're welcome ! There are probably other solutions, but that's the first I had in mind :)
o0Ampy0o

Post by o0Ampy0o »

Lam,

I have noticed many your posts. I find your artwork and animations are very interesting. This scene is gorgeous and the attention to detail is amazing!

Main System: Mac Mini running OS X: Big Sur | M1 | 16GB RAM | have not installed TVPaint on new M1 need to update to current as of 9/2022 ...pending non-dongle license 1/2023 | iPad Pro, Apple Pencil and Astropad | Wacom Intros Pro
CartoonMonkey

Post by CartoonMonkey »

Lam's work is incredible. Great detail and motion. And a nice guy as well! :)
lam giang

Post by lam giang »

Sorry, I didn't check this post and didn't know you gave me nice comment! Thank you for your encouragement! That gave me a huge motivation!
Lam giang
lam giang

Post by lam giang »

Hi Chad, sorry I didn't check my tvpaint post. Didn't know you leave me comment. How are you doing? The animation tips and tricks that you showed me at CTN last year are so helpful! I really hope I can bump into you again in the future (be prepare for more questions haha).

Stay in touch!

Lam Giang
lam giang

Post by lam giang »

Elodie wrote: 04 Jul 2017, 20:05 Oh! You're welcome ! There are probably other solutions, but that's the first I had in mind :)

Hello Elodie,

I used the tip you showed me, also mixed with blur, faded in and out for the water effect. I really enjoy the problem showing part and want to share the work :).
I am happy the site is working again so I can ask questions and get more support from you and TVPaint staffs.
I have a small request, I hope in the future TVPaint will have more examples on the fx menu and where to use them effectively.
Again, I truly appreciate your help!

Lam Giang
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Oh my ! that's gorgeous, I really love the result !

A little suggestion : I think the hand should not be shaken while holding the phone. Between the sliding images and the movement of the water, in my opinion it is not necessary to shake the hand and it should remain still. My humble 2 cts :oops:
I have a small request, I hope in the future TVPaint will have more examples on the fx menu and where to use them effectively.
Excellent request ! If you have any other similar ideas in mind, let us know :D
lam giang

Post by lam giang »

Elodie wrote: 18 Jul 2017, 05:56 Oh my ! that's gorgeous, I really love the result !

A little suggestion : I think the hand should not be shaken while holding the phone. Between the sliding images and the movement of the water, in my opinion it is not necessary to shake the hand and it should remain still. My humble 2 cts :oops:
Excellent request ! If you have any other similar ideas in mind, let us know :D
I agree with you after watching few times. You are right, the shaking is not necessary. I make him like an elderly with shaky hands ahaha. I will fix that! thanks!
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

You're welcome ^_^