play from cursor

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
malcooning

play from cursor

Post by malcooning »

whenever I press play at the project window, the project plays from the position of the coursor, and another press pauses it. But whever I'm focusing on the timeline, like doing something with the layers, and then I press play (at the project window, or Preview panel, or press my shortkey for 'play') the cursor always goes to the beginning of the project, and plays from there.

What shortcut/shortkey can I create in order play from cursor (is at all possible)?
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

afaik, we haven't yet commands to set the Mark-In/Mark-Out in the timeline.
an option (in the preference panel, or maybe better in the Preview Settings panel)
to toggle between "Play from Start"/"Play from Current Position" has been asked for a while,
(in Take_2, it was available from the menu: FlipOptions/StartFrame/First(or)Current)
anyway, it's a good opportunity to reopen this request, thanks to raise it up.
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

it's one of those annoyances I always forget to put a name to, and forget to mention up here in he forums.
Now, it's all out :)
Keith Osborn

Post by Keith Osborn »

Has there been any progress on possibly fixing this? The current behavior is especially frustrating when working on longer scenes. I'd love to see this resolved.
Patrice

Post by Patrice »

We will certainly add a "Play from current frame" in the next version. If you have some suggestion in how to add it in the software feel free to create a topic in the "feature request" section.
Ex TVPaint Team
fabrice_

Post by fabrice_ »

Don't forget the Play flip book option. It can help in some cases.

Fabrice Debarge / Beta-Team member / Author of the user-manual.