Fullscreen Troubleshooting

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
MBThomas

Fullscreen Troubleshooting

Post by MBThomas »

I'm not sure if anybody has had this problem. But whenever I open TVPaint Pro 11.06 the window appears on my desktop but not on my Cintiq display. Once I take it off of full-screen mode, it shrinks into itself and disappears. It doesn't exactly crash, the window is still there it's just "invisible" for some reason. Is there a way to fix this?

I'm using MacOS Sierra.
o0Ampy0o

Re: Fullscreen Troubleshooting

Post by o0Ampy0o »

Some of this may help your situation.

I think you have a problem with Full Screen because TVPaint does not currently support multiple screens and this calls upon details that exemplify the singular display orientation in the code.

I do not have a Cintiq so I have nothing to offer that is specific to using one. However, what I know about using multiple displays will probably assist you in figuring out a way to deal with it.

You can manually spread out your workspace each time you use it but it does not remember the layout.

The workaround:

With a Mac make sure you do not have "Mirror Displays" checked.

When you spread out your workspace, stretch out the main interface window to fill all of your screens but leave 1/8" of space all the way around the border. Do not allow the edge of the interface to touch the edge of the display.

Having done this, arrange your interior windows the way you like them.

Save the workspace.

When you close and reopen the software it should recall this multiple display workspace.

Do not use Full Screen mode. It will nullify the workaround.

As for using a Cintiq? For starters treat it like a regular display. If you like the software's top main menu on your Cintiq designate it as the main display.
Main System: Mac Mini running OS X: Big Sur | M1 | 16GB RAM | have not installed TVPaint on new M1 need to update to current as of 9/2022 ...pending non-dongle license 1/2023 | iPad Pro, Apple Pencil and Astropad | Wacom Intros Pro