Missing auto break instance with PSD file in TVPaint Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Elodie

Re: Missing auto break instance with PSD file in TVPaint

Post by Elodie »

Also I guess it's quite some work to code a conversion of old projects so that image layers are opened as animlayers without autobreak, but saved as image layers again to stay compatible to older TVP versions.

I suppose that might be the reason why it's never been changed.
Yes it is ! Plus the fact that we cannot really get rid of image layers, for basically animation layers are just image layers that got animated (if I remember well).

But at least, contrary to TVPaint 9 or 10, it is not possible any more to create them.
lam giang

Post by lam giang »

D.T. Nethery wrote: 10 Aug 2017, 23:14
Elodie wrote: 09 Aug 2017, 05:43 Psd layers are imported as "image layer" instead of "anim layer". Image layer are like the ancestors of anim layer and when anim layers have been created, you could turn an image layer into an anim layer with a right right > " Make anim".

I cannot make screenshots, so if someone could illustrate my tip, that would be very nice :)
Just in case anyone else is wondering how , here is a screen shot -

Convert PSD layers to TVPaint Anim layers.jpg

Unfortunately , this still doesn't completely solve lam's issue, because it converts the PSD layers to Anim layers, but
with no Auto-Break Instance option . This will wait until the next update to 11.0.7 , when PSD layers will automatically be imported
as Anim layers (with Auto-Break instance) .
Oh, I see...I will be just patiently waiting for the next update :). Thanks for all the help guys!
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

lam giang wrote: 11 Aug 2017, 13:09
D.T. Nethery wrote: 10 Aug 2017, 23:14
Elodie wrote: 09 Aug 2017, 05:43 Psd layers are imported as "image layer" instead of "anim layer". Image layer are like the ancestors of anim layer and when anim layers have been created, you could turn an image layer into an anim layer with a right right > " Make anim".

I cannot make screenshots, so if someone could illustrate my tip, that would be very nice :)
Just in case anyone else is wondering how , here is a screen shot -

Convert PSD layers to TVPaint Anim layers.jpg

Unfortunately , this still doesn't completely solve lam's issue, because it converts the PSD layers to Anim layers, but
with no Auto-Break Instance option . This will wait until the next update to 11.0.7 , when PSD layers will automatically be imported
as Anim layers (with Auto-Break instance) .
Oh, I see...I will be just patiently waiting for the next update :). Thanks for all the help guys!
Yes, but see Mike's follow-up note to mine: It's a refresh bug ... after you convert the PSD layers by right-clicking on them and choosing "Make Anim" , all you have to do then is collapse/uncollapse the layer and the auto-break instance option will appear . I did not know about that , until Mike mentioned it . But soon it will all be in the past when 11.0.7 is released !

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1