Deleted soundtrack but sound keeps playing!

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Elena C

Deleted soundtrack but sound keeps playing!

Post by Elena C »

Hello!
I am using TVPaint 11 Standard Edition on a MacOS Sierra version 10.12.5.

I have a problem with the soundtrack: I deleted a soundtrack (mp3 file) from the Sound panel (used right-click - delete) but the sound still kept playing when I played my animation even though there was no sound file in there.
I tried to load another soundtrack, hoping to replace the "ghost" one, but then they were both playing at the same time. I deleted the second one as well and still they both keep playing at the same time. This sure doesn't seem like a glitch or error with my sound file but maybe something I'm doing wrong when either importing or deleting a soundtrack.

What can I do to permanently delete the "ghost" sounds and what is the correct way to delete a soundtrack so that it actually stops playing?

Thank you!
Last edited by Elena C on 21 Aug 2017, 11:33, edited 2 times in total.
slowtiger

Re: Deleted soundtrack but sound keeps playing

Post by slowtiger »

Interesting one. Have you checked in Project view if the sound is still present there? What happens if you close and open the project again?
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Hello Elena,

Is TVPaint up to date ? (11.0.6) ?
Elena C

Post by Elena C »

@slowtiger I am quite new to TVPaint so could you please tell me where Project View is located? When I got to Project menu in the top bar, it only gives me a few options: Duplicate project, Modify Project, Dependencies, Load Sound, Project information, Go to.

@Elodie Yes, I have the 11.0.6-32 bits version.
Elena C

Post by Elena C »

@slowtiger Apologies! I just realised what you meant by Project view. I don't see any sound files in there. I am attaching a print screen of what's in there.
And nothing happens when I close and reopen the file. The problem persists.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 13.21.51.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 13.21.51.png (24.49 KiB) Viewed 22358 times
Elodie

Re: Deleted soundtrack but sound keeps playing!

Post by Elodie »

I have received a similar feedback not so long ago, so there might be a bug with a ghost track, since you cannot have a soundtrack in the project tab (Pro feature only). We will have a look at it.
Thank you Elena !
Elena C

Post by Elena C »

Thank you!
I hope it will get fixed soon :)
ndcanton

Post by ndcanton »

Hello, is there any update on this? The only workaround I've found is copying all of my layers to a new File in order to import a new sound or animate without a previous "ghost" sound. Thank you.
melanie

Post by melanie »

Hello,

You must have imported your soundtrack in the menu Project > Load Sound. Doing that imports a soundtrack in the whole project, including in the animatic view of the project tab . As the Standard Edition doesn't allow you to access the animatic feature, you can't remove the sound from the project.

To load a sound that will only be contained inside a clip, click on "Sound" at the bottom of the layer stack, click on the music notes icon of the "Master" and choose "Load a Sound Track".

soundtrack.png
soundtrack.png (29.45 KiB) Viewed 18883 times
This behaviour has been fixed for the next update to come.
Melanie • Animator