Custom brush info needed

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
kariP

Re: Custom brush info needed

Post by kariP »

Hi Fabrice,

Is it in any ways possible to limit the jitter to one axis only? This way the line could be randomized only along the lenght of the brush stroke, and the jitter wouldn't affect the width.
Windows 10 (64 bit), 8gb ram, intel i5 10400f. TVpaint 11.7
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Hi there, I'm still trying to find a solution after various failed attempts. I should have something new soon.
Is it in any ways possible to limit the jitter to one axis only? This way the line could be randomized only along the lenght of the brush stroke, and the jitter wouldn't affect the width.
not with the current engine.
Fabrice Debarge
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

a different approach.

try this :
brush7.png
brush7.png (89.44 KiB) Viewed 14675 times
For_KariP.tvpx
(18.51 MiB) Downloaded 890 times
ok, quite difficult to create with the current engine limits.

If needed, switch "alphamax" to "alpha" and tweak the "wet profile".
Fabrice Debarge
kariP

Post by kariP »

yeah, It is a pretty tricky brush to make.

This method is pretty neat, manually controlling the aspect ratio.

Still the repeating images occur, it's almost like wacom has 2000+ pressure sensitivity levels, but it only uses 20(?). But now I know that I can put 1024 images into a brush and it doesn't lag. Only the filesize is large, but the brush works..

Thanks for your hard effort, it didn't go to waste. It's always nice to see new approaches. For now,(while waiting for the new brush engines;)) I think we're going to forget this method, and just control the opacity with pressure. It's going to work for sure for this project.

I appreciate your help!
Windows 10 (64 bit), 8gb ram, intel i5 10400f. TVpaint 11.7
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Still the repeating images occur, it's almost like wacom has 2000+ pressure sensitivity levels, but it only uses 20(?).
Indeed, I share this feeling. I will investigate, there might be something to improve on our side.
Fabrice Debarge
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Fabrice wrote: 05 Sep 2017, 11:50
Still the repeating images occur, it's almost like wacom has 2000+ pressure sensitivity levels, but it only uses 20(?).
Indeed, I share this feeling. I will investigate, there might be something to improve on our side.

I confirm, I've already had this feeling as well even when doing a brush made of a thousand images.