Edu licence student card

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Atikan

Edu licence student card

Post by Atikan »

Hello, I've just got TVPaint education version and send a copy of my student id to student@tvpaint.com.
I didn't get a reply e-mail, And my dongle still don't work.
I was wondering if i miss something.

Thanks
D.T. Nethery

Re: Edu licence student card

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Are you on Mac OS or Windows OS? See this post : Read Me First Before Posting A Question

Check your email again for the reply email from TVPaint with your Unlock code . (check your spam/junk mail box to be sure the reply from TVPaint didn't go there) . It could take up to 48 hours to receive the reply.

However , the software should work without the Unlock code for 30 days.

When you say the "dongle does not work" , I'm not sure what you mean : Do you mean that when you plug in the dongle to a USB port on your computer it does not light up ? Or do you mean that TVPaint gives you an error message saying that the dongle is not present ?

Did you follow all the installation instructions in the Getting Started instructions that were on the install disc,
and also accessible here:

https://www.tvpaint.com/v2/files//downl ... tarted.pdf

The installation process included installing the Sentinel drivers for the dongle . Note what it says :
For Windows:
"If this is the first time you're installing TVPaint Animation, ensure that the Sentinel Drivers checkbox is selected as well. These drivers allow TVPaint
Animation to work with your USB hardware key (“Dongle”). Don't plug in your TVPaint Dongle yet. If Sentinel Drivers have been chosen for installation,
their installation will commence after you have clicked on the Finish button in the window above. Please verify that you have unplugged your
TVPaint Animation hardware key (dongle) from your system before continuing. When installing the sentinel drivers, use the default options in the installer.
You will have to reboot your computer at the end of the installation process."
For Mac:
The next step in TVPaint Animation installation is to install the SafeNet Sentinel USB hardware key drivers on your Mac.
These drivers allow TVPaint Animation to work with your USB hardware key (Dongle).
Important: before continuing, please verify that you have unplugged your TVPaint Animation hardware key from your system.
Then double-click on the SentinelSystemDriver.pkg file to start the installation process of the Dongle driver software."
After you have finished installing both TVPaint and installing the Sentinel drivers , restart your computer. Then plug in the dongle directly to a USB port on your computer (not to a USB hub) and then start TVPaint. You will see the registration screen telling you the software is not registered and inviting you to send your Lock Code to TVPaint along with your other information (Name, email, phone number , dongle number) so they can send you the Unlock code . But there is the option to "Continue without Unlock code" which will let you run the software with no restrictions for 30 days without the Unlock code.
TVPaint 11 Lock Unlock Code.jpg

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Nora

Post by Nora »

Hello Atikan,

I just sent you the codes at your email address. Please check your junk mail box if you do not find them.

I remain at your disposal by email if you need anything else,
Best regards,

Nora, from TVPaint Team
Atikan

Post by Atikan »

Hello,
sorry i didn't mention it before, i use OSX 10.11.4 (EL Capitan) and my dongle light is on
i think it maybe is my old mac's problem or my install order was wrong
I reinstall the whole process and my Tvpaint can see the dongle now

And the unlock code just come in right after my program can read the dongle!
i think everything is working now

sorry and thank you for all the trouble :)
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Hey ! Welcome here and sorry for the inconvenience !

Have you actually installed sentinel drivers ?

Watch this video to properly install your license :