tvpaint pressure issues and questions

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
gaab12

tvpaint pressure issues and questions

Post by gaab12 »

Hi I am currently having issues with TVPaint. I use a Wacom tablet and I have issues involving pressure sensitivity. The pressure works but it feels like im barley using any of the pressure levels and I have to press really hard to even get a line on some brushes like hb. Pressure isn't as varied either as I noticed the Pen brush doesn't really change mush in variety for line. I noticed when someone else drew on TVPaint their lines looked much better and had a tapered edge with the pen brush tool. Any idea on how to fix this thanks ^^! Also is the Pen brush the best for cleanup thanks ^^ sorry I'm new to tvpaint. Also is it worth getting the standard edition then upgrading to pro for student discount? Sorry for the extra question but thanks ^^

• What is your OS and its version :
windows 7
• What is your OS architecture (32 or 64 bit) + CPU type and amount of RAM.
intel i5 and 8gb.
• What is your software version (for example : Mirage 1.5, TVPaint 9.5.21, TVPaint 10.0.11, etc...)
tv paint 11 demo
• What is your software edition (Standard or Professional)
demo i guess its professional.
• For the Professional Edition : What is the architecture (32 or 64 bit) ?
64 bit.
• What is your Wacom (or other brand) Tablet and drivers version ?
i believe its the most updated. ill check the version number when i can.
Attachments
pressure issues.PNG
Last edited by gaab12 on 19 Sep 2017, 10:50, edited 1 time in total.
o0Ampy0o

Re: tvpaint pressure issues and questions

Post by o0Ampy0o »

[ Read me first before posting a question ]

When you have an issue with TVPaint Animation, please, don't forget to precise important details :

• What is your OS and its version :

- Mac OSX 10.7 (Lion), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite)...
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, etc...
- Linux Ubuntu 10.04+, Debian 6+, RedHat Entreprise Linux 5+, Fedora 15+

• What is your OS architecture (32 or 64 bit) + CPU type and amount of RAM.

• What is your software version (for example : Mirage 1.5, TVPaint 9.5.21, TVPaint 10.0.11, etc...)

• What is your software edition (Standard or Professional)

• For the Professional Edition : What is the architecture (32 or 64 bit) ?

• What is your Wacom (or other brand) Tablet and drivers version ?

By the way, don't forget to repeat the details above EACH time you have an issue. We cannot remind the configuration of all our users :wink:
(to save time, you can write the information above in your sign)

Moreover, don't forget that the more you will give us concrete examples with images or downloadable files, the faster we could answer you.

And finally, don't forget to say "Hello", especially when you post in the forum for the first time, we are not machines ;)
Main System: Mac Mini running OS X: Big Sur | M1 | 16GB RAM | have not installed TVPaint on new M1 need to update to current as of 9/2022 ...pending non-dongle license 1/2023 | iPad Pro, Apple Pencil and Astropad | Wacom Intros Pro
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Hello Gaab,

Have you checked on your tablet preferences ? IF the pressure level is very high, it might be hard to draw.
gaab12

Post by gaab12 »

helli ^^. im on the default one and i keep it in the middle for preference. pressure works fine in other programs. it works on tvpaint just not as good due to having to put a lot of force with the pen.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

This is the normal behaviour of the brushes you chose : HB is actually harder than bold. Other brushes are crayon, so they are made to display a "grey" result.
gaab12

Post by gaab12 »

Thanks ^^. What about the pen brush the pressure isn't as varied as I expected. Is their a better brush for cleanup? Thanks sorry about the questions.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

You should have a look to the tutorials about brushes first. Then come back later if you have more precise question :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6cRMiR ... x-Q3F7GepJ
gaab12

Post by gaab12 »

Thanks so much thought their was something wrong with my computer or something ^^! I'll be sure to check that out when I can