Help! Tvpaint files won't open/read error

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
morningninrom

Help! Tvpaint files won't open/read error

Post by morningninrom » 22 Sep 2017, 18:45

Hi everyone,

I've used Tvpaint for couple years now in school, but I never run into any problems until yesterday.
So I was working on a scene directly from my hard drive (stupid idea), I saved it to file_03, and save as file_04 during the process.

Now the problem is when I try to open file_03, Tvpaint do nothing. When I try to open file_04, Tvpaint says read error, and it opens after I click OK, but some of my super important layers disappeared.

I tried to copy the files to my desktop from my drive, but mac won't let me "The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “file_03.tvpp” can’t be read or written.(Error code -36)". Neither can I upload the file to Google drive ( "connection lost" )

Is there anyway I can save my files?! I know there isn't much chance since I can't do anything with the files (I can't upload the files here, too, they're larger then the size limit I suppose), but I want to see if there's something I can try.

These are screenshots from my laptop without tvpaint. I believed my school lab uses Mac Sierra, and both up to date Tvpaint and Tvpaint Pro.
Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 11.37.24 AM.png

o0Ampy0o

Re: Help! Tvpaint files won't open/read error

Post by o0Ampy0o » 24 Sep 2017, 21:19

morningninrom wrote:
22 Sep 2017, 18:45
I was working on a scene directly from my hard drive (stupid idea)....
Why would working directly from the hard drive be a stupid idea?

Did you mean an external drive?
Main System: Mac Pro running OS X: 10.10.5 | 3.8GHz i7 | 32GB RAM | NVIDEA GeForce GTX 970 4GB | 64-bit TVPaint Pro 11.0.6 | iPad Pro, Apple Pencil and Astropad | Wacom Intros Pro using Driver: 6.3.21-8

Fabrice

Re: Help! Tvpaint files won't open/read error

Post by Fabrice » 25 Sep 2017, 15:38

if there is a way for you to send us the files (wetransfer, google drive, ...), we can look at them and check if something is recoverable.
Fabrice Debarge, Product Manager, TVPaint Team