Is there any way to do Toon Shading in the middle part?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
kmk1648

Is there any way to do Toon Shading in the middle part?

Post by kmk1648 »

Hi there.

I am pretty new to TV paint and currently working on a short animation. I am trying to do shading with Toon shader in TV paint FX. But I realised that toon shader only allows to shade outside of my character. I am wondering if there is any way that i can do shading or highlighting inside of the character like it has been spotted by a spot light. I thought of colouring all the frames frame-by-frame but before i do and waste my time, i want to ask if anyone knows better way.

Thanks so much for reading this.

oh, and I am using Windows 10 and TV paint pro 11.
melanie

Re: Is there any way to do Toon Shading in the middle part?

Post by melanie »

Hello,

Actually the Toon Shading FX allows you to cast a shadow inside your character, on the contrary the Drop Shadow will cast a shadow outside of it.

Capture.PNG
FX Stack > Add FX > Stylize > Toon Shading
Melanie • Animator
D.T. Nethery

Re: Is there any way to do Toon Shading in the middle part?

Post by D.T. Nethery »

This topic may have some information that points you in the right direction on how to make adjustments with the Toonshading FX (and also a clever application of the Drop Shadow FX that Elodie came up with) -

https://www.tvpaint.com/forum/viewtopic ... 10&t=10814

In my experience , the Toonshading FX works best on very simple shapes with very soft shading . If you have more complex shapes which need precise shadows and highlights which conform to the shapes it is better to draw the shadows and highlights on different layers

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1