Mac OS Catalina, Mojave and High Sierra (update 08/10/2019)

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
epiney

Re: Mac OS High Sierra (update 15/03/2018)

Post by epiney »

Hi everybody,

I'm experiencing the same problem after having installed High Sierra: the Dongle is not recognized.
I tried to reinstall Sentinel, as explained in the first post, but it still doesn't work.
Actually, it didn't even ask me to allow the "Legacy Developer: Sentinel".

I'll try again, but I've been trying for about already 2 weeks.
If anyone has a clue?

Best

David
epiney

Post by epiney »

Precision: I'm running Tvpaint Pro 10, not 11

D.
epiney

Post by epiney »

Nobody?

Would it work if I update it to Tvpaint 11?

Thanks !

David
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

epiney wrote: 04 Jun 2018, 14:05 Nobody?

Would it work if I update it to Tvpaint 11?

Thanks !

David
I don't know . I hope someone from TVPaint support can answer you .
You may want try using the Contact form because the TVPaint team seems much less active here on the forum lately.

https://tvpaint.odoo.com/en_US/page/contactus

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
epiney

Post by epiney »

Ok, I will...

Thank you!

D.
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

(it has been resolved on the phone)
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
StudioFlatland

Post by StudioFlatland »

What is the answer to this?

I have tried to install on a MAC using High Sierra and the Dongle will not recognize. I cannot even get to UNLOCK CODE screens to register or enable the software - it only gives me a missing dongle message.

Elias
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

I'm going to send you an email this morning Elias.
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
MrFox91

Post by MrFox91 »

Hi, I have TV paint 11 and have the same problem, since upgrading to HS it will not recognize the dongle, what can I do?
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

For the record: one of my associates at the University where I teach has just reported to me the same issue with the dongle not being recognized because she had updated her Mac to High Sierra. ( TVPaint was working before she updated to High Sierra) .

She tried the procedure listed in the first post of this topic: https://www.tvpaint.com/forum/viewtopic ... 44#p103514

but still the dongle is not recognized. I have told her to contact you about it using the Contact Form .

Bea

Post by Bea »

Hello,

I have been using Tvpaint 11 since January with a lower mac version than High Sierra.
My iMac automatically updated it to High Sierra 10.13.4 , but Tvpaint kept working fine :)

Now, I have just purchased a Mac Book Pro, that already has High Sierra 10.13.4 installed, and after installing Tvpaint, and the same drivers I had on my iMac ( SSD_7.5.4 2 ), it doesn't work.

Do you have newer drivers that I could use in this case?

Thanks!
TomBancroft

Post by TomBancroft »

Dave N. and TVPaint- I'm having the same issue (on a Mac Laptop that has been upgraded to OS High Sierra) and my dongle (which was working on my iMac set up that does NOT have High Sierra) is now not working. I've downloaded about three different drivers as stated in a couple of these threads and still nothing! I have to get this worked out quick- I have a job I have to get out! Anyone? -Tom B.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

TomBancroft wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 00:38 Dave N. and TVPaint- I'm having the same issue (on a Mac Laptop that has been upgraded to OS High Sierra) and my dongle (which was working on my iMac set up that does NOT have High Sierra) is now not working. I've downloaded about three different drivers as stated in a couple of these threads and still nothing! I have to get this worked out quick- I have a job I have to get out! Anyone? -Tom B.
Oh, Tom ... I wish I could help you . All I can do is point you back to the first post in this topic:

https://www.tvpaint.com/forum/viewtopic ... 44#p103514

That's the only "fix" I know of for this issue with Macs running High Sierra not recognizing the dongle.

Hopefully someone from the TVPaint Co. will respond to you (and everyone else who has posted on this topic) , and pronto !!

You may want to contact them directly through the Contact Form:

https://tvpaint.odoo.com/en_US/page/contactus

TVPaint Co. - is there actually a fix for this issue with Mac OS High Sierra ? And what about the soon to be released Mac OS 10.4 Mojave ? Have you tested the beta of Mojave to see if it will recognize the dongle ? (on the French language forum user "Ubik" (Thierry Cuvelier) reports that he has installed the beta of Mojave and now his TVPaint dongle is not recognized. Not a good report ... See: https://www.tvpaint.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5b#p109973 ... on the other hand David Meslin reports: "Your results may vary, but the community may be interested to know that, aside from having to recalibrate the Cintiq, everything went smoothly for me with TVP on the first developer beta of macOS 10.14 Mojave." https://www.tvpaint.com/forum/viewtopic ... 26#p109626 . So there's some good news , but it seems that it's not consistent on Mojave , if it works for David Meslin, but not for Thierry Cuvelier ... what about TVPaint Co.'s internal tests ? Are we going to continue to experience this issue under Mojave or will the problem go away? )
Last edited by D.T. Nethery on 09 Jul 2018, 14:00, edited 1 time in total.

JeremyN
Site Admin

Post by JeremyN »

Hi everyone,

Normally, we don't test MacOS beta, because things can change and problems mainly come from Safenet driver.
We can't do much things about Safenet drivers because we don't develop them, it's Safenet/Gemalto responsibility.

Exceptionally, I decided to test Mojave beta... and everything works fine with the dongle.
BUT, I do things in a certain order and I think this order should be respected because it seems to work on MacOS High Sierra too (I'm not sure about that).

First, before opening TVPaint or installing it, you must install Safenet driver version 7.4.2,
you can find them here: https://sentinelcustomer.gemalto.com/se ... =all&l=all
Unfortunately, this is NOT the version which come with TVPaint dmg, you have to download it.
New Safenet driver seems to be worst. They worked at the beginning on High Sierra (that's why we put them in the TVPaint dmg) but now, they seems completely useless.
Note that MacOS will tell you that drivers are not safe (!) and that you will have too allow them in System Preferences -> Security and Privacy and click on the "Allow" button.

Then only you can install and launch TVPaint.

If you launch TVPaint before installing drivers, you have to completely delete TVPaint. So remove it from the Application folder (or where you put it) and remove config directory too.
You can find them in your library: /Users/YOURNAME/Library, you will find some TVPaint folders.
Then, install Safenet drivers and re-install TVPaint.

Commercials ask to do this to some people who have the same problem and it seems to work (but it's still a hypothesis)
Hope it will work for you.
Mac Developer
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

This is good to know . Thank you , Jeremy ! (I understand things can change from the beta to the actual release, but your report coupled with David Meslin's report of successfully running TVPaint 11 on the Mojave beta release makes me hopeful that it will be possible to continue to run TVPaint 11 on Mac OS in the near future using this workaround to make Mac OS recognize the dongle )

I had some private messages last night with Tom Bancroft (who posted here on Saturday that he was experiencing the issue of his dongle not being recognized on High Sierra) and I am happy to report that his problem has been resolved . He said that someone from TVPaint emailed him yesterday with instructions on how to uninstall his current TVPaint 11 , then re-install the Sentinel driver 7.4.2 , then re-install TVPaint . He had tried it before , but thinks perhaps he had skipped a step (?) . I believe the key thing is what you mentioned , that the reinstall must follow a certain order precisely as you have given in your instructions. Anyway, all's well that ends well.

I have copied down your directions (in the first post - https://www.tvpaint.com/forum/viewtopic ... 44#p103514 ) and will make sure that I emphasize to students that they must follow this order precisely .