Mac OS Catalina, Mojave and High Sierra (update 08/10/2019)

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
JeremyN
Site Admin

Mac OS Catalina, Mojave and High Sierra (update 08/10/2019)

Post by JeremyN »

Update 15/03/2018:
Here is the correct procedure to install the Sentinel drivers on macOS High Sierra

First of all, download the following drivers:
SentinelProtectioninstaller-7.4.2.tar
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 4276 times

MacOS will tell you that this installer come from an unidentified developer and will not launch it.
First error message
First error message
You have to open the System Preference and select "Security and Privacy".
System Preference
System Preference
Click on the lock at the bottom left corner to do some modifications in this window. As you can see, there is white button "Open Anyway" which is displayed, click on it.
Security and privacy
Security and privacy
03-SystemPreference_Security.png (75.47 KiB) Viewed 89812 times
The OS will display another window, click on "Open".
Click on Open
Click on Open
05-Allow_Sentinel.png (45.92 KiB) Viewed 89812 times
The OS will launch the driver installation, follow what the installation program says until this window appears:
Sentinel blocked
Sentinel blocked
MacOS blocks Sentinel Driver, you have to allow it, returns into the System Preference in "Security and Privacy", a white button "Allow" should have appeared (if not, leave System Preference and re-open them)
Allow Sentinel
Allow Sentinel
07-SystemPreference_Security_Sentinel.png (74.2 KiB) Viewed 89812 times

Click on "Allow", now Sentinel driver should be ready.
Launch TVPaint and enjoy !

//Edit 01/08/2018:
More information:
Hi everyone,

Normally, we don't test MacOS beta, because things can change and problems mainly come from Safenet driver.
We can't do much things about Safenet drivers because we don't develop them, it's Safenet/Gemalto responsibility.

Exceptionally, I decided to test Mojave beta... and everything works fine with the dongle.
BUT, I do things in a certain order and I think this order should be respected because it seems to work on MacOS High Sierra too (I'm not sure about that).

First, before opening TVPaint or installing it, you must install Safenet driver version 7.4.2,
you can find them here: https://sentinelcustomer.gemalto.com/se ... =all&l=all
Unfortunately, this is NOT the version which come with TVPaint dmg, you have to download it.
New Safenet driver seems to be worst. They worked at the beginning on High Sierra (that's why we put them in the TVPaint dmg) but now, they seems completely useless.
Note that MacOS will tell you that drivers are not safe (!) and that you will have too allow them in System Preferences -> Security and Privacy and click on the "Allow" button.

Then only you can install and launch TVPaint.

If you launch TVPaint before installing drivers, you have to completely delete TVPaint. So remove it from the Application folder (or where you put it) and remove config directory too.
You can find them in your library: /Users/YOURNAME/Library, you will find some TVPaint folders.
Then, install Safenet drivers and re-install TVPaint.

Commercials ask to do this to some people who have the same problem and it seems to work (but it's still a hypothesis)
Hope it will work for you.
Mac Developer
Fabrice

Re: Mac OS High Sierra

Post by Fabrice »

Thanks Jérémy.
Fabrice Debarge
Joost

Post by Joost »

Hi!

Can you tell me if TVPaint 10.5 will work in OS-X High Sierra?
At the moment I'm still working in Os X El Capitan because I'm afraid to upgrade. But eventually I will have to update my computer.

Thanks in advance!
Mac OS 13.4.1 , Mac Studio 2023, 32GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 27 QHD (no touch), Wacom Driver 6.4.2-4.
TVP Pro 11.7.1
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Welcome back Joost !

At the moment, we wait for Wacom drivers to be ready and make sure there is no other issue between TVPaint 11 / High Sierra / Wacom. Then, afterwards we will see if there is no issue with TVPaint 10 (but keep in mind we won't be able to guarrantee TVPaint 10 to be 100% compatible).
Joost

Post by Joost »

Ok, thanks!

Then I will wait, just to be sure...
I presume you will update this post when you have more information about this matter?
Mac OS 13.4.1 , Mac Studio 2023, 32GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 27 QHD (no touch), Wacom Driver 6.4.2-4.
TVP Pro 11.7.1
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

We will indeed!
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
JeremyN
Site Admin

Post by JeremyN »

Pay Attention !

Do not upgrade to High Sierra at the moment, for both Wacom drivers AND Sentinel drivers won't work !
I install lastest Wacom driver ( 6.3.25-2, released the 11th October) and I get sharp splines on TVPaint 64bits
Sharp spline
Sharp spline

But, on the other hand, there is no problem with TVPaint 32bits
Nice spline
Nice spline

So I advised to not upgrade to High Sierra for the moment, at least until Wacom/Apple fix this.
Mac Developer
daninski

Post by daninski »

Is it safe now after the Wacom and TVP updates?
http://www.daninski.com
Award winning director with an iMac from about 2013 and a cintiq from about 2009, there's some RAM too.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Here is some distressing information for anyone with an older Cintiq (DTZ-2100 model 21UX)

A friend of mine who is a storyboard artist contacted Wacom Support regarding the driver update , whether it's compatible with High Sierra and this is their reply to him:
"We have two versions of the Cintiq 21UX: the DTK-2100 is compatible with the latest driver for High Sierra,
while the previous generation, the DTZ-2100 is not. Check our driver page with all the compatible products:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support/prod ... d=44563699 "
So according to Wacom, if you have the previous generation DTZ-2100 Cintiq 21UX , you are out of luck .
(although it is difficult for me to believe that it is impossible for them to write an updated driver that would allow the
older DTZ-2100 to work with High Sierra ... I think they just want us to purchase new Cintiqs , and they're not very
subtle about it ... if I can find an alternative tablet that is the same quality as Cintiq I am switching to that instead of
ever purchasing another Wacom Cintiq.)

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Dan, since I'm in a series of travels, I did not take the chance to upgrade my Mac yet. As soon as I return from CTN, I'll dive into that. Thank you for your patience !
o0Ampy0o

Post by o0Ampy0o »

Use an iPad with Astropad or suck it up and use a Wacom Cintiq. Any other alternatives ?
Main System: Mac Mini running OS X: Big Sur | M1 | 16GB RAM | have not installed TVPaint on new M1 need to update to current as of 9/2022 ...pending non-dongle license 1/2023 | iPad Pro, Apple Pencil and Astropad | Wacom Intros Pro
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

I think they just want us to purchase new Cintiqs , and they're not very subtle about it ...
crazy ...
Fabrice Debarge
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Elodie wrote: 10 Nov 2017, 19:54 Dan, since I'm in a series of travels, I did not take the chance to upgrade my Mac yet. As soon as I return from CTN, I'll dive into that. Thank you for your patience !
I'm asking because other people are asking me : is TVPaint 11.0.8 running fine on Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra ? Any reason not to update to High Sierra at this point ?

(as for me , at this time everything is working fine for me running on El Capitan , so I will stay on El Capitan as long as possible , until they force me to update by abandoning support of El Capitan.)

Elodie

Post by Elodie »

I'm asking because other people are asking me : is TVPaint 11.0.8 running fine on Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra ? Any reason not to update to High Sierra at this point ?
Well... I would not advise you to upgrade to High Sierra as long as it is not necessary.

I have contacted Wacom regarding issues between TVPaint and Wacom drivers, I'm still waiting for an update. Indeed, new models works fine, but... it sounds like a way to make you pay for new device.

Regarding Safenet drivers, we should - hopefully - get rid of them definitely quite soon. At the moment, the issue can be quite random : here, nobody had any issue when installing the drivers and our Mac can perfectly use TVPaint. This is nut....
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

I want to confirm that there still appears to be a problem with TVPaint running on Mac OS High Sierra .

One of the other instructors I work with at AAU told me that her TVPaint will not find the dongle now that she has updated to Mac OS High Sierra . Last week on Sierra it was working , but now that she has updated to High Sierra it gives her the error message that the dongle is not present in the USB port . (this is her single-user license of TVPaint running on her own Macbook , the school has a networked license running on Windows PCs ).
Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 7.59.34 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 7.59.34 AM.jpg (19.78 KiB) Viewed 83859 times
Is the procedure shown in JeremyN's post on Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:02 am , reinstalling the Sentinel driver from the file in Jeremy's post still the best way to fix the issue ?

https://www.tvpaint.com/forum/viewtopic ... 44#p103514