Particle Tutorials

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
KoochiWoochi

Particle Tutorials

Post by KoochiWoochi » 09 Nov 2017, 11:55

Hello

Does anyone know where I can find in depth tutorials on how to use the particle generator? I have seen some amazing effects created but I dont know how to achieve them. I bought the tutorial lessons from TV paint but they dont really show much variety with the Particles.

I found a lesson on the subject here http://www.studioartfx.com/ArtFXshop/2D ... magic.html but I dont think they sell it anymore and I'm so dissapointed, its exactly what I was looking for.

An effect I really want to know how to make an effect that can be found in this animation -.> 2:50 - 2:53 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2PCNKlddJY ( I know this animation was made in Toon Boom but I'm sure TV Paint can create that effect)

Its like a lightning, transition wipe with a sparkle line ^_^

Also is there anywhere to buy a Particle and Fx Library for TV Paint
Thank you in advance

slowtiger

Re: Particle Tutorials

Post by slowtiger » 09 Nov 2017, 12:07

That effect is so short, I wouldn't even open the FX panel for it but animate it by hand.

There is a bunch of particle FX in the bin for this FX, have you seen them? Usually I load one of them as a starting point and tweak it to my needs.
TVP 10.0.18, Mac Pro Quadcore 3 GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.11, QT 7.7.3

D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery » 09 Nov 2017, 14:44

KoochiWoochi wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 11:55

Does anyone know where I can find in depth tutorials on how to use the particle generator? I have seen some amazing effects created but I dont know how to achieve them. I bought the tutorial lessons from TV paint but they dont really show much variety with the Particles.

I found a lesson on the subject here http://www.studioartfx.com/ArtFXshop/2D ... magic.html but I dont think they sell it anymore and I'm so dissapointed, its exactly what I was looking for.
Terrence Walker , who made those tutorials , is a member of this forum. (his user name: artfx ) . You might want to PM him to see when the tutorials might be available again. I purchased those tutorials from him several years ago and they are very good.
MAC OS 10.11.6 , Macbook Pro Retina 15-inch, Mid 2015,
2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB Memory , TVPaint PRO 11.0.6, 64bit -
Wacom Cintiq 21 UX - Wacom Intuos Pro 5 - driver version 6.3.20-8

Elodie
Site Admin

Post by Elodie » 09 Nov 2017, 22:15

If you click on the button "tutorials" at the top of the forum, you will be directed to the website with video tutorials, and one a the top of the list... is about particles :wink:
Questions or problems regarding the forum ? Please contact me by PM
Question regarding TVPaint or need a quotation ? Please contact me by email