Particle Tutorials Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
KoochiWoochi

Particle Tutorials

Post by KoochiWoochi »

Hello

Does anyone know where I can find in depth tutorials on how to use the particle generator? I have seen some amazing effects created but I dont know how to achieve them. I bought the tutorial lessons from TV paint but they dont really show much variety with the Particles.

I found a lesson on the subject here http://www.studioartfx.com/ArtFXshop/2D ... magic.html but I dont think they sell it anymore and I'm so dissapointed, its exactly what I was looking for.

An effect I really want to know how to make an effect that can be found in this animation -.> 2:50 - 2:53 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2PCNKlddJY ( I know this animation was made in Toon Boom but I'm sure TV Paint can create that effect)

Its like a lightning, transition wipe with a sparkle line ^_^

Also is there anywhere to buy a Particle and Fx Library for TV Paint
Thank you in advance
slowtiger

Re: Particle Tutorials

Post by slowtiger »

That effect is so short, I wouldn't even open the FX panel for it but animate it by hand.

There is a bunch of particle FX in the bin for this FX, have you seen them? Usually I load one of them as a starting point and tweak it to my needs.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

KoochiWoochi wrote: 09 Nov 2017, 11:55
Does anyone know where I can find in depth tutorials on how to use the particle generator? I have seen some amazing effects created but I dont know how to achieve them. I bought the tutorial lessons from TV paint but they dont really show much variety with the Particles.

I found a lesson on the subject here http://www.studioartfx.com/ArtFXshop/2D ... magic.html but I dont think they sell it anymore and I'm so dissapointed, its exactly what I was looking for.
Terrence Walker , who made those tutorials , is a member of this forum. (his user name: artfx ) . You might want to PM him to see when the tutorials might be available again. I purchased those tutorials from him several years ago and they are very good.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

If you click on the button "tutorials" at the top of the forum, you will be directed to the website with video tutorials, and one a the top of the list... is about particles :wink: