dongel doesn't work

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
luce

dongel doesn't work

Post by luce »

Hi, I hope someone is able to help me with the following.
My computer crashed so I have been trying to install tvpaint on a other computer. Imac, el capitan 10.11
I installed tvpaint pro 9 and the sentinal driver. My dongels green light is on. But when I want to start Tvpaint I keep on getting the message that I need to plug in my dongel.
When I click ok, tvpaint dissapears.
I also tried to install tvpaint 9 pro on a other mac. a newer version and I had the same problem.
I have an very important deadline wednesday so I hope someone is able to help me with this problem?

When I buy tvpaint11 pro, will I be alble to work with the tvpaint 9 projects? Is that compatible? And will I have the same problems?
Thierry
Site Admin

Re: dongel doesn't work

Post by Thierry »

The Sentinel drivers that were shipped with TVPaint Animation 9 no longer work on the recent versions of macOS.
I have uploaded the Sentinel on our server, here's a link: https://owncloud.tvpaint.com/index.php/ ... MEUgsVQ6yn
When I buy tvpaint11 pro, will I be alble to work with the tvpaint 9 projects? Is that compatible? And will I have the same problems?
Yes, TVPaint 9 projects can be opened with TVPaint 11.
About the drivers, we ship the latest working version of the drivers with TVPaint 11.
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
luce

Post by luce »

Thank you for your answer,
The sentinel worked on the computer with El Capitan. Thank you for that. But had to buy a new one and now I have the same problem again.
The new iMac came with high Sierra. This link to this sentinel doesn't work. Can you send me a link to a working one?
thank you!
o0Ampy0o

Post by o0Ampy0o »

luce wrote: 18 Nov 2017, 19:49
The new iMac came with high Sierra. This link to this sentinel doesn't work. Can you send me a link to a working one?
The link worked for me.

Did you mean the file itself did not work because it is for a different version of OS X (El Capitan instead of High Sierra)?
Main System: Mac Mini running OS X: Big Sur | M1 | 16GB RAM | have not installed TVPaint on new M1 need to update to current as of 9/2022 ...pending non-dongle license 1/2023 | iPad Pro, Apple Pencil and Astropad | Wacom Intros Pro