Brush size glitch

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Dennis Sisterson

Brush size glitch

Post by Dennis Sisterson »

I'm having a serious issue with a bug relating to brush size. If I set - for instance - the pen tool to 5.0 the draw a few strokes, then click on to the next frame, or pause for a few seconds, or do anything else at all, the next touch of the pen will often (ie more than half the time, but not every time) give a stroke of around 30.0. It will then correct itself and do subsequent strokes at 5.0, but of course I have to undo the 30.0 stroke. If I'm quick I can sometimes see that it's about to do this because there will be a 30.0 'blob' - a circle the same colour as the selected brush - in the middle of the cross-hairs. I can then just click anywhere else on the screen and the pen will reset to the correct size. But it's a constant irritant because something like every tenth pen stroke will be the wrong thickness and have to be undone.
I've recently started using at Cintiq 16 Pro. I also had the problem with my previous device, a Intuos 4, but now it seems to be worse. I've tried turning line smoothing on and off, which makes no difference.
Dennis Sisterson

Re: Brush size glitch

Post by Dennis Sisterson »

Additional: I'm having the same problem with Photoshop, so it seems it's a Wacom issue, not a TVPaint issue - nevertheless, if anyone has a solution I'd be grateful!
Fabrice

Re: Brush size glitch

Post by Fabrice »

first of all, we miss many informations to help :
https://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6167
Fabrice Debarge