Tv Paint Installation Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Mollarky-May

Tv Paint Installation

Post by Mollarky-May »

Hi there, I hope I am posting in the correct place.
I've been having an issue with the installation of tvpaint on my Mac (which uses the latest verson of High Sierra). From the disc I install the software and remove the dongle as instructed for the driver installation. After I restart the computer and put the dongle back in, it isn't recognised at all despite the green light coming on. I try to open the software but a dialogue box tells me there is no dongle in the USB port. Am I missing something simple?

Molly
Elodie

Re: Tv Paint Installation

Post by Elodie »

Hello,

With High Sierra, you need different drivers :
Attachments
Sentinel_System_Driver_7.5.4_Mac.zip
(591.21 KiB) Downloaded 1291 times
Bea

Re: Mac OS High Sierra

Post by Bea »

Hello,

I have tried to find a solution on your site support forum, and it seems that what happened in my case is a quite common issue for other users; TvPaint software doesn't detect the dongle.

The dongle is connected and its green light is on, so there is not a problem with it.

Apparently it is related with the Sentinel drivers and the macOs version. My current version is Sierra 10.12.6

I have looked for the latest drivers available on your Safenet's website, and this one(https://supportportal.gemalto.com/csm?i ... 8dae961955) is the newest version

I have downloaded it and followed the instructions, but didn't work either.

Could you please help me with this issue?
Bea

Post by Bea »

Hello,

I have a problem with TvPaint installation. After following all the steps, the software doesn't detect the dongle.

The dongle is connected and its green light is on, so there is not a problem with it.

Apparently it is related with the Sentinel drivers and the macOs version. My current version is Sierra 10.12.6

I have looked for the latest drivers available on your Safenet's website, and this one is the newest version

I have downloaded it and followed the instructions, but didn't work either.

Could you please help me with this issue?
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Please, do not post in 2 different topics about the same issue, it can be quite confusing ! I have moved the post.
Bea wrote: 09 Jan 2018, 11:32 I have looked for the latest drivers available on your Safenet's website, and this one(https://supportportal.gemalto.com/csm?i ... 8dae961955) is the newest version
That link is not the driver you need (our dongles are Ultra Pro type, not HASP).

Please download the driver attached in the post above, then follow these instructions : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10944#p103514
Bea

Post by Bea »

Hello Eloide,

Sorry about that. I thought that the first post wasn't on the right place.

I already downloaded this version "Sentinel_System_Driver_7.5.4_Mac.zip", but didn't work when I did it. I have tried it again, and isn't working now either.

MacOs doesn't advise me about an unidentified developer and will not launch it, so I can run the pkg directly. The computer restarts after the installation, but when I open TvPaint, the same message appears: "TvPaint dongle is not present on USB port, or you exceeded the number of allowed network licenses..."

What else can I do?

Thank you!
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

Hi Bea,

As you are using Sierra, I advise you to use these drivers instead:
SentinelProtectioninstaller-7.4.2.tar
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 1258 times
Can you install them and see if it works ?
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
Bea

Post by Bea »

Good morning Thierry!

It did work! :D

Thank you very much!!