After Effects JSON import troubles

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
daninski

Re: After Effects JSON import troubles

Post by daninski »

I'm sure that's how I updated to 11.0.8 too.
http://www.daninski.com
Award winning director with an iMac from about 2013 and a cintiq from about 2009, there's some RAM too.
daninski

Post by daninski »

Tvpaint angels to the rescue! Thanks Benjamin!
http://www.daninski.com
Award winning director with an iMac from about 2013 and a cintiq from about 2009, there's some RAM too.
supraduroo

Post by supraduroo »

pixelchomp wrote: 06 Jan 2018, 21:05 Hi Clément,

Thanks again for sending the script. I've tried a handful of experiments and finally found the root of the issue. Here's a little background:
-- I'm currently working in AE 2017.2 on PC
-- There are no errors when running the script
-- I use a custom workspace that I have saved in AE

If I load the script, browse to the json file and click open, nothing happens. (The file browser closes and just returns to AE).
However, if I switch my workspace to AE's Default workspace, the script works as expected. I can even go from my custom workspace, to default, and back to my custom workspace and the script works.

So it seems there's an issue with AE loading with my custom workspace initially that's throwing the script off. It's a strange one, but switching the workspaces seems to do the trick.

Thanks again for reaching out, and hopefully the info above helps.
-p
Hi pixelchomp,
I had the exact same problem here and your method worked for me too. I work on Windows10 and tried the JSON-Import in AE19 and AE20. I switched the Workspace back to "Standard" and to my surprise it worked again. Thx for your help.
calotengoo

Post by calotengoo »

supraduroo wrote: 23 Mar 2020, 11:02

Thanks again for sending the script. I've tried a handful of experiments and finally found the root of the issue. Here's a little background:

If I load the script, browse to the json file and click open, nothing happens. (The file browser closes and just returns to AE).
However, if I switch my workspace to AE's Default workspace, the script works as expected. I can even go from my custom workspace, to default, and back to my custom workspace and the script works.

So it seems there's an issue with AE loading with my custom workspace initially that's throwing the script off. It's a strange one, but switching the workspaces seems to do the trick.

-p
Hi pixelchomp,
I had the exact same problem here and your method worked for me too. I work on Windows10 and tried the JSON-Import in AE19 and AE20. I switched the Workspace back to "Standard" and to my surprise it worked again. Thx for your help.
Hi pixelchomp and supraduroo,
I had the same problem and it worked for me too. Thank you!!
mikic96

Post by mikic96 »

calotengoo wrote: 25 Apr 2020, 09:23

-p
Hi pixelchomp,
Seems like i am having trouble uploading the latest version of the jsx script file as attached file to a forum post so i sent it to you directly as a private message.
mikic96

Post by mikic96 »

calotengoo wrote: 25 Apr 2020, 09:23

However, if I switch my workspace to AE's Default workspace, the script works as expected. I can even go from my custom workspace, to default, and back to my custom workspace and the mouse clicker script works.

-p
Hi pixelchomp,
I work on Windows10 and tried the JSON-Import in AE19 and AE20. I switched the Workspace back to "Standard" and to my surprise it worked again. Thx for your help.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

pixelchomp wrote: 06 Jan 2018, 21:05

I had this happen to me again today , after not having used After Effects for a few months. It's not instinctive to check the Workspace layout and make sure I am in the "Default" AE workspace .
I spent a frustrating 10 minutes trying to import a scene into AE until a little voice in my head whispered : "Hey, idiot boy, remember that weird bug in the JSON Import script , where you have to change the workspace to "Default" before it works ? " . So I got it working by switching to Default workspace, but is this really necessary that this bug continues to exist over two years later ? It's one of those peculiar annoying little bugs that needs to be fixed.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hi guys,
One of our devs is currently investigating what can go wrong with the script, but it's hard since recently we have seen it work perfectly on some AE versions and then on the next minor update...not so much :P At least there is the "default workspace" workaround, but it's not optimal.
Probably a vampire
cgmodeler

Post by cgmodeler »

D.T. Nethery wrote: 14 Jul 2020, 17:39

I had this happen to me again today , after not having used After Effects for a few months. It's not instinctive to check the Workspace layout and make sure I am in the "Default" AE workspace .
I spent a frustrating 10 minutes trying to import a scene into AE until a little voice in my head whispered : "Hey, idiot boy, remember that weird bug in the JSON Import script , where you have to change the workspace to "Default" before it works ? " . So I got it working by switching to Default workspace, but is this really necessary that this bug continues to exist over two years later ? It's one of those peculiar annoying little bugs that needs to be fixed.
Have you used the version that Takagi shared?
www.cocoalopez.com
vimeo / 156794487
Desktop: TVP Pro 11.0.8 - 64bit Win 7 x64 48GB RAM - GTX1070 - Cintiq 27QHD Driver 6.3.29
Hironori Takagi

Post by Hironori Takagi »

cgmodeler wrote: 16 Jul 2020, 00:34
D.T. Nethery wrote: 14 Jul 2020, 17:39

Have you used the version that Takagi shared?
The issue I previously addressed is that the timeline will not work unless it is 24fps. Link below.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13371
TVPaint 11.7.2(Nov 14 2023), Windows11 Pro, HP Spectre x360 Convertible 14-ea0xxx / TVPaint 11.7.1(Dec 22 2022) Mac OS 11.6, Apple MacBookPro M1 2020