Colo & Texture issue

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Peter Wassink

Colo & Texture issue

Post by Peter Wassink »

in my C&T layer i need* multiple color layers with the same RGB value.
is this possible?

because i when i first put in the squiggles, i used clearly different place holder color values ( to easier differentiate.)
but when in the end i tried to put in the right values i lost the information of the separate layers and now one of the colorlayers contains all the squiggles of this color.
and they also now all have the same name?
all squiggles that were spread out over three different color layers are now in the first "Hand" layer and the other two hand layers are empty.
I can change their colors in the edit panel but these new colors won't show up in the layer.
the conecction between the squiggles and the layer in which i made them is lost.
and there was never a warning from tvpaint or something else in the interface warning me that i was about to merge color layer....

the interface of the C&T " Edit Colors" panel is a bit confusing, to put it mildly.

f.i. How do you delete a color(layer) from the list?

C&T weird.png
C&T weird.png (20.77 KiB) Viewed 8577 times
C&T weird2.png
C&T weird2.png (15.3 KiB) Viewed 8575 times
*( because i need to do make separate texturizer passes, because of the complexity of the texture (shadows on a face) its not possible to achieve a good result with a single texture.
so i assign smaller textures to seperate C&T color layers)
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Elodie

Re: Colo & Texture issue

Post by Elodie »

[_] => X

Means you will delete these squiggles once you will clic on "Apply changes". But I agree, we could have designed a proper icon for this, rather than doing a ASCII interface :roll:

If you need to use different colors for a reason (ex : blue, green and red for a jacket), then you need to convert these 3 colors to a single one (blue for instance), here is a little trick :
changing colors in CTG.mp4
(1.08 MiB) Downloaded 867 times
This is how I would do.

Or better, you can render the colors (without anti aliasing) and use the multiple color replacer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ_LmC4rSM0
Peter Wassink

Re: Colo & Texture issue

Post by Peter Wassink »

ah that 'trick' is exactly what i did, and shouldn't have done, in order to keep my separate color layers.

Thnx
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM