Sound exporting issues- sounds very tinny

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
bethanyborg

Sound exporting issues- sounds very tinny

Post by bethanyborg »

So the other week I exported this sound track to a project and it came out sounding very tinny and awful, I put it down to the audio file given (was for a project), and just added the sound on AfterEffects in postproduction. It is fine when I am working on it (in the timeline) it is jsut the exporting. Anyway I just tried exporting a different soundtrack for a separate project, and it is doing the same thing. It all sounds fine when I am working on it, and exporting it via different software works so not sure why this is happening. It happens when it is exported. The files themselves are fine too. Before this I have never had an issue and have exported sounds without issues,(about a month or two ago I had a 90second soundtrack project and that was fine) so this came out of nowhere and I havent messed with any settings. Any help? :< I am adding a screenshot of the export options and a vimeo file to show what I mean. Thank you!!

Vimeo link - (password is apple)
https://vimeo.com/243326200
Attachments
tvpaint faq screenshot 1.PNG
faq 2 - screenshot.PNG
Elodie

Re: Sound exporting issues- sounds very tinny

Post by Elodie »

Hello,
Have you tried using different file formats for the sound (wav, mp3 with different codecs, etc.)
Can we have the sound file ?
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Could you please check if you maybe have the same soundfile imported twice, on top of each other?
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
bethanyborg

Post by bethanyborg »

slowtiger- the sound isn't imported twice, first thing I did was make sure of that. I have also tried deleting all sound files and readding it to see if it would fix it but it didn't work.

Elodie- I have used different formats before with no issues, so not sure why it is now giving me an issue, i tried both wav and mp3 but same issue. It won't let me attach it for some reason maybe I'm doing it wrong), it is an mp3 this one. Can I email it to you? Though note that so far every other sound file also tried has given me issues not just this one.
Thanks for the responses!
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Compress the mp3 file as a zip or a rar document.
bethanyborg

Post by bethanyborg »

Hi,

sorry for the delay I have not had access to my pc as I was away. I have done that- thanks for the help. please find the file attached
Attachments
Victoria Rawlingsv1.zip
(1.96 MiB) Downloaded 961 times
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

I've got no problem exporting from Mac... I'll be asking someone using Windows.
bethanyborg

Post by bethanyborg »

Hi,
Did you manage to ask someone using windows? I am using windows not a Mac. Still having the issue
Thanks
daninski

Post by daninski »

You should be able to inspect the sound file separately after it's exported in your video player. Do the quality and codec settings match what you wanted o r are they weird?
http://www.daninski.com
Award winning director with an iMac from about 2013 and a cintiq from about 2009, there's some RAM too.
melanie

Re: stroke delay with wacom pro

Post by melanie »

I tried on Windows 10, I had no problem exporting a video with the soundtrack.
Melanie • Animator