Brush wouldnt show up

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Saltity

Brush wouldnt show up

Post by Saltity »

Hello!

This is Zahra.
I am facing a trouble related to brush. After sometime using the software, the brush would not show. I select the brush but it does not show my lines. (everything is the same as before, I am on the related layer, the brush tool is selected, layer is not locked, but it suddenly happens. Also "copy/cut to brush" works but it seems like it copies but it does not show the brush and I cannot draw.
After I restart the program, and also sometimes restart the laptop, then it works and goes back to normal. :/
What do you think I should do?
Thank you for your support :)

Zahra
P.S: Windows 8- 64 bit
TvPaint Animation 10 Pro (10.0.16)
D.T. Nethery

Re: Brush wouldnt show up

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Your first step to fixing your issue is to update your software . TVPaint 10.0.16 is very old and no longer supported , so it's surprising that you would be using such an old version. (when did you buy it ? And do you not receive the TVPaint newsletter where updates are announced ? You should subscribe ... there's a link to subscribe on the main website: https://www.tvpaint.com/ scroll down to the bottom , the link is on the lower left.) In the new TVPaint 11 it will give you a pop-up reminder whenever there is an update to the software available , but that feature didn't exist back in TVPaint 10.

The best thing I would recommend to you is to update to TVPaint 11 , but if you prefer to work with TVPaint 10 and do not want to pay for the upgrade to 11, then you should update to the most recent iteration of TVPaint 10, which was TVPaint 10.5.7 . There were many bug fixes , improvements and new features added between 10.0.16 and 10.5.7 , before the jump to TVPaint 11.
It's a free update to 10.5.7 for all paid license holders of TVPaint 10.

https://www.tvpaint.com/en/update

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Saltity

Re: Brush wouldnt show up

Post by Saltity »

Alright, Thank you. I`ll see if I can update it or install a new version from the beginning.