One TVP Installation for two dongels?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Animark

One TVP Installation for two dongels?

Post by Animark »

Hello,

I use a laptop very often and work at different places. Sometimes I forget to take the dongle with me. Specially after one hour of traveling through the whole city it is very annoying when I realize, that I have forgotten to take the dongle out of my stationary pc.

But at my second most used workplace, I have another dongle. Is it possible to use one TVPaint Installation with two different dongles (TVPaint versions are the same.)? Or - maybe another solution - is it possible to have two TVPaint installations on the same pc, each registered to another dongle?

Many thanks and best regards,
Animark
TVPaint 10.5.7 - Win10/64
TVPaint 11.0.8 - Win10/64
TVPaint 11.0.8 - Win10/64 (Wacom Companion 2)
Elodie

Re: One TVP Installation for two dongels?

Post by Elodie »

Sure you can. You will then have 2 different Lock and Unlock codes, but once they are stored in your laptop, you won't be asked for the unlock codes any more.
Animark

Post by Animark »

I think I tried that, but it didn't worked. I downloaded my TVPaint installation from my user account and registered it to my dongle. The other dongle is registered to my university and when I try that one, I will be asked for a new unlock code. But the unlock code from the university will not be accepted. I noticed, that the lock code showed in that dialog is only partly the same as the one the uni got from TVpaint. So I think the installation is kind of connected to the user from whome it was downloaded - me in this case.

But maybe I made something wrong or was confused about too much dongles :D. I will try again and let you know. Thanks for your answer :-).
Animark

Post by Animark »

Now I think I know what the problem is. My TVPaint is a Single-License, and the one from the university is a Net-License. My TVPaint asks for a Single-License Dongle, and don't accepts the Net-Dongle. So I should work on myself to not be so scatterbrained and forgetful :D.