Tvpaint Android

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
animalcolm

Tvpaint Android

Post by animalcolm »

I've been trying to find more information on the recent Android beta, and there's virtually no documentation available, that I can find at least. I'm wondering what the limitations are (no export?) and if there is a possible end date of the open beta, similar to the earlier Nomad version.
Benjamin Cerbai

Re: Tvpaint Android

Post by Benjamin Cerbai »

Hello,

With the Android version you have every option available in TVPaint Animation 11 Professional Edition. You can save your work as .tvpp files but you can't export images or videos. To do so, you will have to get a licence.
Benjamin Cerbai, illustrator and videographer.
D.T. Nethery

Re: Tvpaint Android

Post by D.T. Nethery »

animalcolm wrote: 21 Feb 2018, 01:24 I've been trying to find more information on the recent Android beta, and there's virtually no documentation available, that I can find at least. I'm wondering what the limitations are (no export?) and if there is a possible end date of the open beta, similar to the earlier Nomad version.
As Benjamin mentioned, the Android version of TVPaint is fully functional and will let you save your work as .tvpp files, which can then be transferred to your main computer (Windows or Mac) to open up in full TVPaint , where you can then do further work on the project or simply export it to a .MOV or Image Sequence .

Think of the Android version as a bonus feature for TVPaint users , not a stand-alone version. It allows the TVPaint user to use TVPaint on an Android tablet when they are away from their main computer workstation. I have mine running on a Galaxy Note 10.1 (with Android 6.0) .

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1