TVPaint is always closing down

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Wild-Cartoon-Feather

TVPaint is always closing down

Post by Wild-Cartoon-Feather »

I have another problem with TVPaint 11. For some reason every time I want to upload or open a file (a sound file or a background for example) in TVpaint 11 for some reason it will always automatically close the whole program. I haven't had this kind of problem before and I have no idea why this is happening now. Maybe it has to do with the updated High Sierra for Mac.

Since I have this update a lot of programs do not work well. My scanner has the same problem.

Please can someone help me with that issue? I can not work like that if TVPaint always breaks down.
D.T. Nethery

Re: TVPaint is always closing down

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Wild-Cartoon-Feather wrote: 23 Feb 2018, 15:18 Maybe it has to do with the updated High Sierra for Mac.
This seems likely, if everything was working ok before , but now it's not (if the only thing that has changed is your update to High Sierra).

Did you save a bootable flash drive of Sierra or El Capitan so you can step back from High Sierra (or did Apple make it now so when you update you're stuck with the update, no going back ? )

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Wild-Cartoon-Feather

No, sorry. I have no old versions. I really need to fix this somehow. I can not work on my projects, if TVPaint always close itself automatically for no reason at all.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Good luck . I can't help you troubleshoot it , because I've still running El Capitan , not High Sierra.

Did you contact TVPaint via the main contact form: https://tvpaint.odoo.com/en_US/page/contactus ?

(although keep in mind that if you're in the U.S.A. , it is now after business hours in France and they may not be back in the office until Monday. )

slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

A wild guess: have you tried to re-install the Sentinel driver? And maybe your scanner just needs an updated driver as well.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

slowtiger wrote: 23 Feb 2018, 21:36 A wild guess: have you tried to re-install the Sentinel driver? And maybe your scanner just needs an updated driver as well.
Hi, Wild-Cartoon-Feather -

I believe slowtiger is on the right track ... check out this thread about Mac OS High Sierra issues:

https://www.tvpaint.com/forum/viewtopic ... 44#p103486

The posts by Fabrice on » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:49 am and by JeremyN on » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:02 am

--------

A colleague of mine (at the school where I teach) reported the same issue . After updating to Mac OS High Sierra she can not use TVPaint .
In the other topic , Jeremy answered:
“Reinstalling the Sentinel driver should work. However, if driver 7.5.4 doesn't work, try with driver 7.4.2.
It seems that Apple breaks more and more things with High Sierra update … “

download Sentinel driver 7.5.4 -
https://www.tvpaint.com/forum/download/ ... p?id=16673

OR from here:

https://sentinelcustomer.gemalto.com/se ... &l=English

If driver 7.5.4 doesn’t work , download Sentinel driver 7.4.2 -
https://sentinelcustomer.gemalto.com/se ... &l=English

Wild-Cartoon-Feather

No. Nothing works! TVPaint is complete broken! That fucking piece of shit Sierra High has broken it! Which asshole invented this shit? Sierra High ist the most buggy thing ever happen to my computer! Word doesn't work anymore! Coral Painter is down! My scanner doesn't work even with the new driver for Sierra High! TVPaint is down too! What the FUCK?! Apple! Seriously what the fuck!?!

How can you even work with this shit update?

But do you guys know what the most dumbest thing about this is? On my iMac all the programs work! Word, TVPaint, Corel Painter, Photoshop, After Effects, my scanner, Powerpoint! They work all perfectly eben with that Sierra High update. So how the fuck is it, how the fucking fuck is it possible, that the fucking Sierra high works perfectly fine on the iMac bot not on the Macbook Pro? That makes no sense at all!
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

In this case I strongly recommend a visit to your local Apple shop. Their shit, their responsibility to repair.
Wild-Cartoon-Feather

I'm not sure if this will help. I mean if Sierra High if it doesn't work now, why should it work after Apple controls my Mac?
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

There is such a thing as warranty deed. It's their product, you have paid for it, you can expect that it works.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Wild-Cartoon-Feather wrote: 26 Feb 2018, 18:17 I'm not sure if this will help. I mean if Sierra High doesn't work now, why should it work after Apple controls my Mac?

On my iMac all the programs work! Word, TVPaint, Corel Painter, Photoshop, After Effects, my scanner, Powerpoint! They work all perfectly even with that Sierra High update.
Look, I understand you're frustrated . I would be , too. But calm down and take steps to see if it can be fixed . Why not take it to Apple for testing and repair to see if they can discover a problem with the Macbook ?

Since you are saying that your iMac has also been updated to High Sierra but you don't have the same problems on the iMac , then it points to something being wrong with this particular Macbook and how High Sierra is installed on it . (perhaps some major permissions issue ?) When you say "after Apple controls my Mac" , that's exactly the right word (controls) to use, but it seems that you're using that word "controls" as though Apple is totally incompetent and will likely ruin your Macbook by their "controlling" (diagnosing and repairing) it , but have you ever thought that they might manage to get your misbehaving Macbook "under control" ? (meaning that they will locate the problem and fix it, since perhaps they know a few things about how Macbooks work ? )

Apple often disappoints me , but truthfully I've always had excellent customer service from the Apple store whenever I've had an issue with the various Macbooks (and iMacs) I've owned . AppleCare 3-year extended warranty has been worth every penny to me.

BitGid

Post by BitGid »

Hello all !
I've been having a similar problem with TVP crashing during startup. It seems to happen more often when I double-click on a file to open, but it happens sometimes no matter which way I try. It eventually starts up after a number of tries. However, I haven't had a problem recently with it crashing while I'm working.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

BitGid wrote: 07 Mar 2018, 08:46 Hello all !
I've been having a similar problem with TVP crashing during startup. It seems to happen more often when I double-click on a file to open, but it happens sometimes no matter which way I try. It eventually starts up after a number of tries. However, I haven't had a problem recently with it crashing while I'm working.
More information would be needed to help troubleshoot the problem . For example - which version of TVPaint are you using ? (the specific iteration ... for example the most current version is 11.0.8 . You can check under the Help menu > About TVPaint Animation if you're not sure of which version you have. ) Are you running it on Windows or Mac ?

See this sticky post at the head of the Tech Support forum:

Read me first before posting a question

D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Wild-Cartoon-Feather wrote: 23 Feb 2018, 18:03 No, sorry. I have no old versions. I really need to fix this somehow. I can not work on my projects, if TVPaint always close itself automatically for no reason at all.
Apple is doing its best to nudge everyone to update to Mac OS High Sierra . Their latest step in this effort is the removal of Mac OS Sierra from the App store, reportedly even from the "previously purchased" list. Fortunately, Apple is still providing Sierra for download, just hidden out of view - follow the link below.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208202

Get the Sierra installer while you still can , as a back-up if you need to reinstall Sierra .