Combination of CTRL+SHIFT gives unexpected behavior on a Windows machine

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
skomdra

Combination of CTRL+SHIFT gives unexpected behavior on a Windows machine

Post by skomdra »

Hi,
I run into a bizarre problem, my keyboard shortcuts, combinations of CTRL+SHIFT+F, CTRL+SHIFT+W and CTRL+SHIFT+P will not respond what ever I do. Did any of you guys run into this problem? And moreover, when I set it up, it was working, and it stopped. I had to put my shortcuts on different combinations. This is either a bug, or I don't know what.

EDIT:
it is version 11.08 in the case you wonder, so yes, I have the newest updated version installed.

EDIT #2:
Just to clarify, the problem is not with the keyboard shortcuts dialogue, I checked few times, and shortcuts were assigned just fine, even after restarting. It just didn't work whenever I press the combination. I ended up assigning everything to the SHIFT+KEY and now it works, but it would seriously suck if I can't use the CTRL+SHIFT+Key combination on my system.
Last edited by skomdra on 16 Mar 2018, 17:57, edited 1 time in total.
-----
TV Paint 11.5.3 Windows 10
neonnoodle

Re: Keyboard shortcuts on window 10 not responding

Post by neonnoodle »

Check if there is another utility or application on your machine that is intercepting keyboard shortcuts. I have had this happen several times.
skomdra

Post by skomdra »

neonnoodle wrote: 02 Mar 2018, 14:19 Check if there is another utility or application on your machine that is intercepting keyboard shortcuts. I have had this happen several times.
That is probably a good idea. I am not sure where to start with checking though, since Windows is not my primary machine :)
-----
neonnoodle

Post by neonnoodle »

On Windows machines, there is an area in the lower right corner of the taskbar (bottom of the screen) called the tray:
tray.PNG
tray.PNG (7.41 KiB) Viewed 15829 times
This shows what happens when I click on the upward-pointing arrow on the leftmost part of the tray: the little blue box pops up with more items that might be hidden from view. Each one of these tray items is a utility or program running in the background. By clicking (or right-clicking) them, you can often see what they are, pull up their preferences, or shut them down. That would be my first place to look.

If the answer isn't found there, then you may have to talk to a system administrator about other applications running in the background which could require more technical expertise to disable.
Animationriver

Post by Animationriver »

Try to delete all languages except English :D
Attachments
_.jpg
Image 2018-03-03 21-26-01.png
Image 2018-03-03 21-26-01.png (108.65 KiB) Viewed 15760 times
www.youtube.com/c/animationriver
MAC OS Sierra 10.12.6 64 bits , MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB Memory , TVPaint PRO 11.5.2 64bit
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 Мb
Wacom Cintiq 27 QHD Touch - Wacom Intuos Pro 5 - driver version 6.3.37-2
skomdra

Post by skomdra »

Ok, this is definitely the TVP thing. Now I paid attention and what happens, every time I press together CTRL+SHIFT I have a straight line ruler from the last point. It is useful, of course, sometimes, to make straight polygon lines. But it makes totally useless all the shortcuts which are assigned with the CTRL+SHIFT combination. I am confused. Anyone? The same issue maybe?
-----
skomdra

Re: Combination of CTRL+SHIFT gives unexpected behavior on a Windows machine

Post by skomdra »

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9058
this explains it. It is a new feature in 11.08 :D
Features to draw lines with freehand shape have been added:
When using the freehand shape, press CTRL+ SHIFT to be able to draw lines from the last drawn point.
Well. What to do...
Maybe first get out of freehand draw mode

EDIT:
NOPE! It didn't help getting out of freehand draw mode. This new feature makes all the combinations with CTRL+SHIFT completely unusable, which makes me wonder, why then so many default shortcuts use this combo?
It is like a Twilight Zone, am I the only one with this problem?
-----