Cintiq vs Huiion Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Janet Perlman

Cintiq vs Huiion

Post by Janet Perlman »

Cintiq psychodrama is in progress! Anyone using the Huion KAMVAS GT-191? Especially interested to hear from former Cintiq users. I need to buy a new one because there is no driver compatible for my older Cintiq and MacOS Sierra. Thanks.
Janet Perlman

Re: Cintiq vs Huiion

Post by Janet Perlman »

I just want to let others know that I found a solution to my driver problem, which was that the new driver was incompatible with my old Cintiq, and the old one produced jittery lines. I am still with the same Cintiq, on Sierra, using the last driver compatible, which is 6.3.15-3, from 2015. I got an inexpensive app called Hej-Stylus, and everything is fine now. It smoothes the line out and does a lot of other interesting things. It does not alter the line that you draw, but rather works with the interface between the pen and the surface. It works!
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Janet Perlman wrote: 24 Aug 2018, 21:27 I just want to let others know that I found a solution to my driver problem, which was that the new driver was incompatible with my old Cintiq, and the old one produced jittery lines. I am still with the same Cintiq, on Sierra, using the last driver compatible, which is 6.3.15-3, from 2015.

I got an inexpensive app called Hej-Stylus, and everything is fine now. It smoothes the line out and does a lot of other interesting things. It does not alter the line that you draw, but rather works with the interface between the pen and the surface. It works!
Thanks , Janet, I'm glad to know that Hej-Stylus is working for you.

I had posted about it over a year ago on the forum , asking if anyone had ever used it , but I never heard back from anyone , so I sort of forgot about it , but now
I'm going to look into it again.

(here's what I posted on Jul 10, 2017 - https://www.tvpaint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=101446 )

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Soom

Post by Soom »

Hi Janet
sorry, late reply, but I had a HUION tablet for a very short time, because I had to sell it - it was not usable with TVPAint , and it had driver problems. I don't recommend, you should stay with Cintiq if possible.
I also had a problem with old Cintiq and a new iMac with Sierra, but unfortunately I had the oldest version of Cintiq 21, and I couldn't roll back Sierra to earlier OS, and it didn't work with any driver! I was so pissed and frustrated at Apple, but I hate Windows even more, so in the end I had to buy a new Cintiq 22HD. I found relatively cheap second hand one...
I have no idea about HejStylus, but why do you actually need it if your Cintiq works?
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas
Janet Perlman

Post by Janet Perlman »

The reason I was looking for a new Cintiq or alternative was because my Cintiq - 20WX - even older than yours - did not work properly after I installed Sierra. The lines were all wiggly. Wacom tried to help, but there is no driver update for my model, but in the end HejStylus solved the problem. Some friends told me about it. Wacom should really know about it. I'm sorry you had to get another Cintiq. For now I have this workaround, and a new Cintiq is surely on the horison for me at some point. Thanks for the info. I would definitely chose the Cintiq again. By the way, it is not Apple at fault, it is Wacom, who have not updated their drivers.
Soom

Post by Soom »

Janet Perlman wrote: 04 Sep 2018, 23:34By the way, it is not Apple at fault, it is Wacom, who have not updated their drivers.
Not completely true - Apple have implemented so many compatibility changes recently, that a lot of stuff that used to work for years do not work any more. Worse than that, you can't even roll back to a previous OS, because the electronics inside is literally bound with the new OS and wouldn't work with older ones. Not to mention the every year changing of connection ports. This is also the case with Wacom devices - drivers simply wouldn't work because the technology in Apple is too new and more complex. Wacom is not the only one to suffer, but Wacom are either not the best in finding feasible solutions... I generally think that after Snow Leopard, which was in my opinion the best Mac OS ever, all Apple OS went downhill in many aspects... but on the other hand you can't beat progress, even if it's crap :) So we try to get all the good we can from it - for example getting a new Cintiq :), cause the 20WX is really really old and not as good as new ones anyway
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas