BRUSH HELP

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Peter Wassink

Re: BRUSH HELP

Post by Peter Wassink »

i adjusted the opacity range of the original brush to let its darker parts have 0% opacity while keeping the lighter parts transparent (using the alphacontrol FX in the FX stack)
this way you don't have to push the wet profile as high and results hopefully in a somewhat fluffier line?

hope it helps
adjusted Psbrush.png
Attachments
adjusted Psbrush.tvpx
(4.14 MiB) Downloaded 879 times
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
JQuinn

Post by JQuinn »

Hi Peter,

Sorry for the late reply! Thanks so much for those brushes, the variation 2 brush in particular -- will make a really nice smoke effect!
How do you add an FX from the FX stack to a brush? That would be extremely useful to know!

http://www.berylproductions.co.uk
TVP 11 pro - Mac Pro Quad Core - Cintiq touch 22"
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

JQuinn wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 10:17 Thanks Sven, that's definitely helped the 100% opacity issue, but still not looking quite as soft and fluffy as we'd like :? thanks so much for all these suggestions though, it's been really helpful to us :)
JQ,
In the future it might be useful if you could post EXAMPLES of brushes and brushstrokes (perhaps as they appear in PS) so that we can SEE what kinds of TVPaint brush effects you are after??? :D

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

Your welcome Joanna!

Alas its not possible to add an FX to a brush as such,
i just put down the brush as a range of frames on an animlayer and applied the FX stack on that layer.
then i grabbed all the frames again with the custombrush tool.

There is a way to paint with an FX.. and this might also be a useful tool for you, though its more something for the post production phase
its called the FX brush and was made by Svengali.
you can find it here:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3986&p=35006&hilit=fxbrush#p35006

its quite clever, how it works is you set an FX stack with the desired effect you are looking for, for instance : a blur + alpha control adjustment (to make the lines more heavy)
then when you click the FXbrush button while you have a standard tool selected ( airbrush or penbrush for instance) it allows you to paint with that particular fx stack.
so it lets you apply the effect in a controlled manner where you want it.

its a bit hard to explain just in words i'll post an example...
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM