Preferences disappeared urgent!!!

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
skomdra

Preferences disappeared urgent!!!

Post by skomdra »

Hi
All my preferences disappeared. All my custom panels, shortcuts. Where do I find that? I am on windows machine.
Thnx.
-----
TV Paint 11.5.3 Windows 10
skomdra

Re: Preferences disappeared urgent!!!

Post by skomdra »

Anyone, any thoughts about that? Where to find my preferences? I didn't delete them. They just disappeared.
-----
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Have you searched C drive>Users>application Data>Roaming>Tvp Animation ?
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
skomdra

Post by skomdra »

Hi Paul, yes I did, and no use. I can see that config.ini is updated today, which is already strange since I didn't start TVP on this machine today. Also, CustomPanel folder was updated yesterday, even though I didn't touch installation or did any kind of unusual stuff with this machine. Other than that I have no idea where to look and where it did store my preferences like keyboard shortcuts and custom panels.
-----
Paul Fierlinger

I can't remember ever hearing of any other place to look for these preferences. Don't you have a cloud backup system where you could look for them, such as a part of your virus protection app or Microsoft membership backup if you have registered? As for the other shortcuts I save those into my user folder each time I make a change. Yours might have never even been saved because I think it's up to the TVP user to select a folder.
Paul
skomdra

Post by skomdra »

Well I guess I have to do it all again and be careful to backup everything. I have backed up custom palettes at least ;)
-----
Paul Fierlinger

But there is a consolation to this dark cloud; once redrawn the effort invariably comes out looking even better than the lost one. BTW I strongly recommend the backup app "Carbonite" which has saved my ass dozens upon dozens of times over the years simply because it places the backups off site of the computer of origin.
Paul
skomdra

Post by skomdra »

Paul Fierlinger wrote: 12 Jul 2018, 17:23 once redrawn the effort invariably comes out looking even better than the lost one.
Kudos to that, Paul, I experienced exactly the same thing many times. It just hurts, at first :D And thank you for the cloud recommendation, I will check this out. They have to plug the internet in our office first. (but at least, our soccer team plays in finals!!)
-----
Paul Fierlinger

I am strangely incapable of following mass sports (or remembering faces of people for more than 20 minutes) but I must say, this one I have noticed and it's a win over England no less. This must be a beautiful sport if the entire world is now engaged in following it so please extend my congratulations to all your country's esteemed team members.
Paul