How to move the layer and sound at the same time? Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
From Milk

How to move the layer and sound at the same time?

Post by From Milk »

This question comes from this tutorial ( the version used in the tutorial is tvpaint 11.0.1 ):https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9YPERoRcps

In tvpaint 11.0.8, even if I assigned the same color label to the animation layer and the sound clip, I still couldn't move the animation layer and let the sound clip follow.

I operate according to the video ( set the same color for them ).Is there anything wrong with what I did ? Can anyone help me ?
Last edited by From Milk on 22 Jul 2018, 06:50, edited 1 time in total.
D.T. Nethery

Re: How to move the layer and sound at thes ame time?

Post by D.T. Nethery »

From Milk wrote: 21 Jul 2018, 07:28 This question comes from this tutorial ( the version used in the tutorial is tvpaint 11.0.1 ):https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9YPERoRcps

In tvpaint 11.0.8, even if I assigned the same color label to the animation layer and the sound clip, I still couldn't move the animation layer and let the sound clip follow.

I operate according to the video ( set the same color for them ).Is there anything wrong with what I did ? Can anyone help me ?
I just tried it and it works for me . Did you make sure to hold down the CTRL key when you move the animation layer ? You must hold CTRL to make the sound layer move with the animation layer. You'll see the animation layer move first , then when you release it you'll see the sound layer shift to the same position as the animation layer.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
From Milk

Re: How to move the layer and sound at thes ame time?

Post by From Milk »

D.T. Nethery wrote: 21 Jul 2018, 14:34
From Milk wrote: 21 Jul 2018, 07:28 This question comes from this tutorial ( the version used in the tutorial is tvpaint 11.0.1 ):https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9YPERoRcps

I just tried it and it works for me . Did you make sure to hold down the CTRL key when you move the animation layer ? You must hold CTRL to make the sound layer move with the animation layer. You'll see the animation layer move first , then when you release it you'll see the sound layer shift to the same position as the animation layer.
This is very useful! Thank you! :D