TVP and Shuttle Pro V2 "modifiers"?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
BruceM

TVP and Shuttle Pro V2 "modifiers"?

Post by BruceM »

I'm having a difficult time understanding how to program the jog wheel of a Shuttle Pro to perform 2 different functions in TVPaint. I understand that I need to use a "modifier" to do this?
I'm on a Mac and I have the jog wheel set up to rotate the project area. Can anyone tell me how to set up a modifier which would allow me to use the same jog wheel to also zoom in and out?
jammeaze

Re: TVP and Shuttle Pro V2 "modifiers"?

Post by jammeaze »

BruceM wrote: 04 Oct 2018, 16:37 I'm having a difficult time understanding how to program the jog wheel of a Shuttle Pro to perform 2 different functions in TVPaint. I understand that I need to use a "modifier" to do this?
I'm on a Mac and I have the jog wheel set up to rotate the project area. Can anyone tell me how to set up a modifier which would allow me to use the same jog wheel to also zoom in and out?
Hi BruceM, I was looking for some alternatives to keyboard and display tablet use in my workflow, found mention here of the Shuttle Pro 2 and actually purchased one recently. I figured out the answer to your question and put together a short video to explain it. https://youtu.be/wVXhq-RcedQ.

I have to say, I see many possibilities with this controller... I'm just getting started.

One thing I discovered while figuring things out and getting them to work smoothly is in the shuttle pro settings app, if the settings are not already native in their list, then you can create your own under User... in making the video, I duplicated the TV Paint settings that I had been working on and ran into some conflicts because of the duplicate.

Bottom line, for best results, one app, one configuration set.

Have fun and happy animating!