Keystrokes for android version

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
spyderheart

Keystrokes for android version

Post by spyderheart »

Hi all,
I've got my hands on a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and I'm trying to see if I can work on such a small screen. It would be amazing to have TVPaint in my pocket!
It's more or less acceptable for quick sketches and if you generally keep most of the panels hidden. However the one thing I find hard to live without is the Alt key and right-clicking - mainly for canvas panning, zooming, rotating, as well as accessing several options that are generally only available by right-clicking. Let's not forget flips either!

Has anybody come across any third party workarounds to remap some of the hardware buttons on their device in order to emulate these keystrokes?

Conversely, does the TVPaint plan to add anything to facilitate keyboard-free use?

Thanks for any help folks!
David
--------------------------------------------------------
TVPaint 11.7 Standard
System: 64GB RAM // 3 TB SSD // Core i7 8700K // NVIDIA GTX 1080// Windows 10 Home
Sloppytoons

Re: Keystrokes for android version

Post by Sloppytoons »

Have you tried linking up a bluetooth keyboard? I tried using it on my note 8, but to be honest it wasn't good for anything else rather just as a novelty. My 10" galaxy Tabs3 is probably the smallest you could go. Even that sometimes I feel is not enough.
My regular IG account: Sloppybunnytoons
spyderheart

Post by spyderheart »

I thought about it - but adding a keyboard to the mix would defeat the purpose of running TVPaint on a phone :lol:
David
TVPaint 11.7 Standard
System: 64GB RAM // 3 TB SSD // Core i7 8700K // NVIDIA GTX 1080// Windows 10 Home
meslin

Post by meslin »

With a bluetooth keyboard or the keyboard case that goes with the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, there are functions that seem not to be able to be sent. Right-click, mouse wheel (from a bluetooth mouse), and a bunch of other ones didn't work. Tilt/azimuth does work correctly, which is very nice for a portable, batteryless stylus at that price point. I believe you'd have to spend $1,000 more for a Wacom MobileStudio or HP ZBook X2 to find that elsewhere.
spyderheart

Post by spyderheart »

meslin wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 20:30 I believe you'd have to spend $1,000 more for a Wacom MobileStudio or HP ZBook X2 to find that elsewhere.
Either one of those beasts for $1000 would be a dream come true :P

I think any windows based tablet would get it right - especially those using Wacom EMR digitizers.

Your observations for the Tab S3 are a good clue though. Maybe android handles those inputs in a way that is incompatible with TVPaint.
David
TVPaint 11.7 Standard