Anyone tested TVpaint on a Chromebook?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Sloppytoons

Anyone tested TVpaint on a Chromebook?

Post by Sloppytoons »

Since recently it seems Chromebooks can run most android apps, wondering if anyone tested this out. A lot of them have stylus support now and have a lot bigger screen than my little Samsung Tab S3. Before I lay down my cash, just wonder if anyone had this running smooth? All I heard was some youtube tech nerds saying "most" android apps run OK. My Samsung Tab runs great, but sometimes compared to my Cintiq in the office the UI gets too cramped.
My regular IG account: Sloppybunnytoons
Thierry
Site Admin

Re: Anyone tested TVpaint on a Chromebook?

Post by Thierry »

If I remember correctly, Chromebooks can only install apps that are on the PlayStore.
As it's not the case with the Android version of TVPaint (it's an apk that has to be downloaded from our website), I'm not sure you can install it, so I wouldn't recommand using a Chromebook for TVPaint.
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
Hjw

Post by Hjw »

I'm really happy with my android picasso tab. 10" with stylus only 200 $ - except that I can't find an option for calibrating the stylus offset in tvpaint. Almost all other painting apps comes with solutions to overcome this problem. tvpaint is by far the most powerful animation tool running on android. So can this be fixed?! It would certainly improve the experience 😀
TVP Android 11, Simbans 10" 200$ PicassoTab. 2/32GB (7,-4 pixel offset in TVP)
Sloppytoons

Post by Sloppytoons »

Thierry wrote: 15 Oct 2018, 13:39 If I remember correctly, Chromebooks can only install apps that are on the PlayStore.
As it's not the case with the Android version of TVPaint (it's an apk that has to be downloaded from our website), I'm not sure you can install it, so I wouldn't recommand using a Chromebook for TVPaint.

Oh I didn't know you can't install apk's on the side in chrome book. Well that saves me time looking around. Stuck with my S3 then. :)
Sloppytoons

Post by Sloppytoons »

Hjw wrote: 19 Oct 2018, 10:57 I'm really happy with my android picasso tab. 10" with stylus only 200 $ - except that I can't find an option for calibrating the stylus offset in tvpaint. Almost all other painting apps comes with solutions to overcome this problem. tvpaint is by far the most powerful animation tool running on android. So can this be fixed?! It would certainly improve the experience 😀

They look nice! Though I have to say I'm really fond of my TabS3. Just screen too small for anything more than small projects.
Hjw

Post by Hjw »

I don't know how much memory the S3 got. But that should be your only limitation 😀. When I first installed tvpaint it was cluttered with all the menu's of the interface. When I figured out to set the UI scale to 1 it changed everything. I guess you know this already. Else do it!!!
But do you experience any issues with the offset? And if so or not, do the S3 come with some way to calibrate the pen?
TVP Android 11, Simbans 10" 200$ PicassoTab. 2/32GB (7,-4 pixel offset in TVP)
melanie

Post by melanie »

You should have a look at Android forums.
I think I found something quite related to your issue there:
https://androidforums.com/threads/pen-c ... on.441781/
Melanie • Animator