Can't erase properly with tablet pen

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
llyubenov

Can't erase properly with tablet pen

Post by llyubenov »

Hello everyone,

I've been using TVPaint 10 Pro for some time with a Wacom Intuos S tablet. At one point I learned that while you're holding the button on the pen, equivalent to RMB - it erases. And that's fantastic, because F4 is absolutely uncomfortable to press on a laptop, because if you miss to press the Fn button, it pretty much closes your program. Anyways, I was using that all the time until at one point - it started deleting only recent lines. For example - I draw something and I can erase it with the button pressed, but I go to another frame and I go back and it doesn't work anymore, it only works for lines I drew just now. Or, I draw a few lines, select a different tool, then come back to brush and it doesn't erase the old lines anymore... Only the new ones I draw. It's a super weird thing and I don't know how to approach this problem. The weirdest is, that I reinstalled my Windows recently, but that didn't fix the problem either and it keeps happening.

Help please!
daninski

Re: Can't erase properly with tablet pen

Post by daninski »

Is the brush set for drying or something?
http://www.daninski.com
Award winning director with an iMac from about 2013 and a cintiq from about 2009, there's some RAM too.
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Daninski is right... if a brush or tool definition is saved with DRYING checked, the RMB action acts as an eraser to all existing pixels. If a brush or tool definition is saved with DRYING unchecked, the RMB action only erases the latest brushstrokes (those made since the brush was loaded or you have returned to draw mode).

Sven
Last edited by Svengali on 29 Nov 2018, 20:14, edited 1 time in total.
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
llyubenov

Post by llyubenov »

I've left Drying unchecked, I checked it now and hopefully, if it works, I will worship you guys 'till the end of time! :mrgreen:
Thank you so much!