Sound always starts from beginning

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Nm8rJay

Sound always starts from beginning

Post by Nm8rJay »

I'm using 11Pro on a Mac (El Capitan OS). I'm working on a long shot with sound. When I use the Remote Control to set In and Out points to view a portion of the shot, the animation starts playing from my In point, but the sound always starts from fr.1 and is out of sync. Is there a way to keep the sound in sync with the in and out points?

Thanks,
Jay
Jay
Mac OS 10.11.6
64 bit
TVP Pro 11
melanie

Re: Sound always starts from beginning

Post by melanie »

Hi Jay,

If you wish to change your marks in and out, you will need to split the track to your clips first, or load the sound directly in your timeline area.

If I understand correctly, you must have loaded your sound in your project area and then changed your mark in. The sound will sync to your changes only if it is located inside your clip.
If it is loaded in your project view, the changes applied to your clip will not affect it. You would then have to change it manually.

So I advise you to silence your soundtrack and to load it directly inside of your clip timeline while you change your mark in and out. You can also only work with your sound inside of your clips, or use them as a reference for your main sound in your project tab.
Melanie • Animator